Tan carpet on a tailgate??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Mud,
my LX 570 has tan carpet on the tailgate and it looks terrible, impossible to keep clean....has anyone dyed their carpets or replaced with rubber....looking for ideas???

thank you in advance

Maybe remove what is there and cement glue on some indoor-outdoor carpet?
Like that have on the ARB boxes, that stuff lasts and is easy to clean.

you could also ask your local car upholstery shop , they fix that stuff all the time

Might be overkill but search this thread for tailgate lid replacement which gives you a few options for finishing (mostly towards the end) and I’m sure @TRAIL TAILOR would answer questions you might have.

Our tan carpet on the tailgate is already getting trashed, most likely will go the Trail Tailor route once more things above it on the list get completed.

Our tan carpet on the tailgate is already getting trashed, most likely will go the Trail Tailor route once more things above it on the list get completed.
Going to an upholstery shop tomorrow or I am going to look into dying it blac...

I used a thin black rubber mat, cut it to fit the tailgate, and then attached the back edge (the edge farthest from you when standing at the tailgate) with 3M VHB double-sided tape. The front edge is attached with velcro. It protects and hides the pristine tan carpet on my tailgate, but it's easy to lift out of the way to access the two storage areas.

Maybe even some padding and leather? I know I sit on my tail gate frequently and some cow leather it pretty tough.

I used a thin black rubber mat, cut it to fit the tailgate, and then attached the back edge (the edge farthest from you when standing at the tailgate) with 3M VHB double-sided tape. The front edge is attached with velcro. It protects and hides the pristine tan carpet on my tailgate, but it's easy to lift out of the way to access the two storage areas.
Sounds interesting, can you please post a few pics?

I think the OP was interested in continuing to use those tool boxes hatches.

I think the OP was interested in continuing to use those tool boxes hatches.

I think the intent is the cover is held in place with velcro in the front to let you still have access.

20200330_172810.jpg
20200330_172837.jpg

That does look nice !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom