Tampa- St Pete Cruiserheads, Let's meet up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Between a friend of mine (local cruiser owner) and myself, we have run into several other Cruiser owners in our travels recently. It’s been brought up that we should meet up sometime. So I’m proposing an informal get together BS session.
I polled a few people for a convenient meeting time & location. We came up with Monday evening 4/16 around 7PM Gandy causeway on Pinellas side. Bring something cold to drink, a lawn chair, and some stories. Look forward to meeting some local cruiserheads.

Steve

Wish I could make it but if I go I would be going in my Miata.:)

The Cruiser is nowhere near done:doh:

I guess school is a good excuse, otherwise I would say drive the Miata.
I may be stuck driving a Chevy myself. Got the Landcruisers' Injection pump in a thousand pieces. hopefully I can put it back together and it will actually work.

I'm sure we'll meet up again sometime and your cruiser will be all back together and on the road.

I'll see if I can make it out see what time I get out of work, if not I will be at Lokey truck and 4x4 on sat the 14th @7:30 for my dvd party anyone can come out and meet other yota owner's (I'll have a KEG too)

It was good to meet everyone. We definitely need to set another date in the future. Trace, if you're out there can you post the ph. # and address to that N. Tampa shop you mentioned....4wheel parts or something on or near Bush?

Trace, if you're out there can you post the ph. # and address to that N. Tampa shop you mentioned....4wheel parts or something on or near Bush?

There is a 4Wheel Parts on Busch and FL Ave - is this the one you're referring to? :

9222 N. Florida Ave.
Tampa, Florida 33612
Phone: 813-930-6145,
Fax 813-935-2895

I need to pick up a set of BFG's from them, the next time they have a $100 off sale - anyone got some inside info as to when that will be? IIRC last year it was around December.

It was great meeting everyone, seeing some very nice Cruisers and sharing some great information.
Sure, We'll do it again! We could pick another outdoor spot, Invade someone’s house, Surprise someone’s wife or girlfriend (Look honey, I brought home some new friends :D ) or even come up with a trail ride.

We could also meet up in Tampa so it's more convenient for Tampa people. Maybe someone in Tampa might want to suggest something?

I know last meet was short on notice. Sorry about that. Also I was wrong to assume everyone frequents message boards.

Sometimes it can be difficult getting people together that have obligations, schedules and commitments, but we’ll throw some ideas out and come up with something.
Steve

Note: GSMTR is the week of May 13th that some local people attend.

Gandy Pic
aaagndybb.jpg

I'd love to meet up with some folks. I missed the meet cuz of somethin the lady wanted me to do. Or maybe it was cuz I was workin on the thing in my garage and really loosing patience with it. Anyone ever get tired of wrenchin on em and think about junkin em out. I want to go wheelin so bad and not bustin knuckles and feelin like I am gettin no where.

Maybe its just time to take a break from the ole thing. I swear I dunno know which way to turn and may just go back to bed.

If there is gonna be a meet please post it so I can actually be there to meet some folks that have the same damn disease as I do.

GSMTR will be over May 19th. I guess we can start throwing some ideas around for a late May or early June meeting.
Gordon (Code Red) here on Mud had a good idea about maybe meeting at a restaurant, and possibly one with outdoor seating. It would be more comfortable and woman friendlier than standing outside somewhere. The sand fleas, no-seeums and skeeters are emerging these days.

Steve

I don't mind picking a date and place, but thought maybe I would give someone in Tampa a chance to pick this time.
I'm just familiar with St Pete, so if I pick, it's likely the meet would be here.
I sent some emails out to some people that don't usually check this board with a link to this post to maybe get some ideas.
Myself and a few others will be at GSMTR, there might be less ideas posted this next week.

If it gets to complicated picking a meeting time and place, maybe we'll start a new thread with a vote and poll results.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom