For Sale Tallahassee, FL: 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser PZJ77 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
1993 Toyota Land Cruiser PZJ77 - $47,000
This is a 1993 PZJ77 RHD in the rare 6M1 green. I purchased this truck in August 2019 and it was imported through Canada. The truck was originally a JDM vehicle. The 1993 model also features the third rear brake light above the rear doors which differentiates from earlier models. The truck has the original 1PZ engine and R151 transmission with 226,xxx original KM’s or around 144,000 miles. I drive the truck here and there so that number may change a little. The truck runs super smooth and does not burn any oil or have any mechanical issues.

The truck has power windows and locks and all work perfectly. Windows go up and down with ease thanks to all new Toyota rubbers. Sunroof works as it should. The truck has AC and works perfectly and blows cold. The truck shifts nicely through the gears.

A significant amount of work was performed in August/September 2019 by Ian Westmoreland at South to North Land Cruisers. Here is a snapshot of the work performed:

-new speedo cable

-rebuild rear axle and brakes

-new heater control valve and hose

-new thermostat and inlet pipe

-new tie rods and drag link assembly

-water pump, fan clutch, radiator hoses

-Harrop rear e-locker

-new front brakes (Terrain Tamer rotors/pads), new Aisin front hubs (convert from electronic to manual hubs), rebuild knuckles, seals etc.

-new muffler and tail pipe

-two (2) new Odyssey Extreme batteries

-ARB Old Man Emu 77 series HD suspension (springs, shocks, etc)

-ARB front bumper plus 12,500 ComeUp winch and Factor 55 setup

-new SCS F5 bronze wheels (5)

-new Cooper ST Maxx 255/85/16 tires

-new Pioneer double din head unit.

-new Scheelmann seats – note I actually replaced the seats I purchased in August 2019 with another new set of Scheelmann seats that will be included. They match better.

I drove the truck in September 2019 from Idaho to TN for the 70 series meet and great. Not a single issue during the trip and then drove it home to Tallahassee, Florida, where it has been stored. There is no rust on the frame or body. Prior to paint, there was a small rust spot on the right rear rocker but that was cut out and removed. I have a lot of photos from the paint process that I can share.

Last summer (2020) I sent the truck down to Tampa for a little clean up. A complete windows out repaint was done to the truck at a cost of over $8,000. We replaced all of the door seals, window runs and emblems at this time with new Toyota rubbers at a cost of around $2,200. A new Kaymar rear swingout was installed along with fitment of the Safari Snorkel. In addition, we added a pretty sweet Cruiser Consoles center console along with the door speaker inserts and four (4) new JBL door speakers. The audio is pretty dang nice for a 28 year old 70 series Land Cruiser.

I have receipts for $47,867.24 worth of work that was performed since my ownership. They will be provided to the new buyer to document the work performed. This does not include the purchase of the truck and it does not include a few bits and pieces for which I do not have a receipt. For example, this amount does not include the brand new rear Kaymar bumper or the brand new ARB spot lights or the Odyssey batteries – I just do not have the receipts. Those items alone are over $4,000 in addition to the receipts mentioned above.

Here is a link to the MUD build thread.

I would not hesitate to drive the truck across the country tomorrow. I am solely selling this vehicle to make room for another Land Cruiser that is being delivered to the house. And I obviously am not doing this to make money ie a flip.

I am helping a friend sell this truck (I sold it to him) and he is asking $45,000 or best offer for the truck. Title in hand. I can assist with shipping and you could be driving this truck next weekend.

Last edited:
CBEC2AD8-D800-4355-BFE9-69DBF5F12349.jpeg

Congrats! Didn't think that would take long...

Congrats John. Hope it went to a good home as it should.

Congrats John. Hope it went to a good home as it should.
Yep. And local guy too so I can make sure it is loved. The last one I sold stayed local too so that's nice. We practically have our own little club and I can keep an eye on them. Now time to get focused on the next project.

I'm a little sad and my wallet is quite happy that I missed this post. Congrats John. Can't wait to see what is next on the list to fill the void.

Dammit John. First the 65 FJ45 thread goes live, and now this. Making me reconsider my cruiser exit.

Current owner is looking for a different Land Cruiser and asked me to help find a buyer. Post up if interested and I will reach out.
Hey Jomelo, what’s the current owner asking for and can you find out current mileage. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom