Talladega National Forest June Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nottajeep

Enemies of the State
SILVER Star
Threads
Looking to see everyone's interest in a Skyway trip Sat June 4 (likely camp at some designated spot) and return Sunday after finishing up coming back North.
This is FS Rd 600-1 and 600-2 in Talledega National Forest. The attached blog write-up gives everyone some insight to the trail. Don't be scared since the blog author is in Mike Blake's Honda Element.
All Cruisers should be fine :) I will be taking my nice100, which is the only one road worthy currently (sad)

Also found a thread on the Dixieland page with lots of good links. Enjoy!

Skyway Motorway, Road sections 1 & 2
Exploring Talladega National Forest

Anyways, starting to gauge everyone's interest and start the planning process.

Please respond if you are game and have feedback

JB

I might be IN on this, since it appears no one wants to take me up on my Axle Rebuild party that weekend... Might cancel that axle party and come to this! I LOVE the motorway sights! Fall is the best but honestly, ANY ride out there is beautiful.
I'd also take the DDigger and prolly sleep in the back.

I'm planning on it, will bring the kids. Not sure if the wife is in or not. Will probably be in the FJ Cruiser for the A/C!

I'm a little uncertain now. Might need to help my mother in law move that weekend. Ordinarily that would be a great reason to hide deep in the woods, but in this case she's been living in my house.....so I need to help her get out of here!

Will try to let you know soon if I'll be carting furniture or wheeling.

Yep. Me too. I can be in for the 4th

I'm working on figuring out how to get down there. My wife's sister lives in Alabaster and just had a baby, but my wife has been sick and hasn't been able to go see him. Trying to convince her she needs to wait and go that weekend. That way we can all head down and me and my son will just say Hi, Bye, and head over. Don't want too many visitors with a newborn in the house anyway right? ;)
If that doesn't work out, I likely won't make this one unfortunately.

Ok, I'm in too! I won't be doing the move for a couple more weeks.

Did y'all talk Talladega at dinner last night? Have more of a plan shaping up?

Ok, I'm in too! I won't be doing the move for a couple more weeks.

Did y'all talk Talladega at dinner last night? Have more of a plan shaping up?
We talked but our club had a small turnout. And that's kind of expected since we have a holiday weekend. Let's do this. 3-4 trucks would be great.

I am ordering a bug net for the eno. I am really hoping this is my new camp lifestyle, if I can sleep this way.

Those who are in are
@jasonbraswell
@Land Speeder
@ufg8r
@Runamuck

Anyone else that wants to go, add your name in a post here.

Let's meet at 11AM for lunch in downtown Sylacauga.
Marble City Grill

I am thinking we camp somewhere on the cliffs.
Doesn't have to be decided now, but somewhere past heath cliffs seems ideal.

What do we want to eat at camp that night?
Everyone want to bring something to put together a meal?
Thinking something easy to slap in a tortilla.

Sounds like a plan. Will think about what to do for supper. I'll bring some eggs and bacon for the next morning.

Weather forecast is not looking so great right now, hopefully it changes a little between now and then....

image.png

so it creeped into Sat now.
we'll just have to watch the forecast.
100% chance of rain the other day and nothing happened at my house.

My last two planned trips over to the Dega National forest have been rain-outs. This is is getting to the "no longer ironic" stage. The higher power just don't want shunt in that forest!

Looks like we might decide at the last minute wether to go or not. There is supposed to be a thunder storm overnight Saturday into Sunday morning. I'm not big on tent camping in lightning if I can help it, esp not with the kids!

Will check the forecast tomorrow and hope it looks better, will decide based on that.

Still on the fence too. I posted on FB, so I'll post same here: Is a Saturday-Only ride in the cards? It's easily doable in a day, in daylight actually. Rain or shine should be easy. Just throwing it out there as to try not to lose the entire trip, but I do understand. Looks like camping Saturday night is a big NO, because that's when it's coming through, if we're out of the woods by early evening, then we may stay dry the entire day.

The storm that's coming through has actually been the same system the last two days. Some spots get soaked. Some spots right down the street stay dry the entire day.

Been doing that a little here too, makes it tough to plan. If it was just me and not the kids I'd probably take a chance on the camping, if it fell through, no big deal. The kids would be mad though if I get them all geared up for camping and pulled a bait and switch on them.... :)

Ready, Set, Wait!
We got plans? Let's get wet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom