Tall skinny tires (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They look SOOOOO much like my old Super Swamper Boggers. Did they steal the tread pattern from them or what?

I just looked at these on tirestreets $198 with free shipping for the 35s.

That's a pretty good price for tire like that if they hold up as good as a super swamper bogger. They had 31s and 35s available.

They look SOOOOO much like my old Super Swamper Boggers. Did they steal the tread pattern from them or what?

no they have a center bar for lateral stability and these are radials not bias ply. I’m trying to get them mounted tonight and will have more pics and specs by Monday. But yes they do look a lot like a bogger.

I have been very happy with these Kenda Klever R-T 35x10.5x17 nice ride quite not super agressive of course but a great choice IMO. That said I will be ordering some of those Badak Xtreme but have not 16" rims right now. Dang more rims to buy!

Kenda1.jpg

Kenda2.jpg

Kenda3.jpg

I have been very happy with these Kenda Klever R-T 35x10.5x17 nice ride quite not super agressive of course but a great choice IMO. That said I will be ordering some of those Badak Xtreme but have not 16" rims right now. Dang more rims to buy!

View attachment 2405547

View attachment 2405550

View attachment 2405551
that does not look like a 10.5 wide tire…

Looks more like a 12.5?

I guess everyone has their own definition of tall and skinny.

A 12.5 wide mud terrain is actually much skinnier than a 12.5 wide all terrain because of the tread

I know I think it measures more like 11.5" thats why I said I was buying some Badak Xtreme also. The selection has been slim as this thread shows. Hopefully one day they will fix this issue for us all.

Badak Extremes have arrived in the States.... 🇺🇸 horray !!!
C77A4BA4-EADC-440F-8A7F-384E14AE467A.gif

I am glad that someone out there finally heard our cry for SKINNY TALL tires ! Nothin’ better than some competition in the arena !

View attachment 2405547

View attachment 2405550

View attachment 2405551

Sadly I’m locked into 17 inch rims because of my build, it doesn’t appear that Badak’s come in that size. I’m happy with my Kleevers too ,but those Badaks are breath taking !

Sadly I’m locked into 17 inch rims because of my build, it doesn’t appear that Badak’s come in that size. I’m happy with my Kleevers too ,but those Badaks are breath taking !
I have five old Mopar Traildusters pop tops so I will find one to put 16"s on if I have to!

Here is the initial review and some more pics of the badaks. All I can say is the pictures don’t do them justice they are gnarly.

Here is the initial review and some more pics of the badaks. All I can say is the pictures don’t do them justice they are gnarly.

Chunky to the tenth power ! At last, a tall skinny on steroids. “Tread mania !” These are serious as a root canal ! Hope they sell like hotcakes. They are reasonably priced as well. Maybe more tire manufacturers will throw their hats into the ring. Gentlemen, let the competition begin.....

that does not look like a 10.5 wide tire…

Looks more like a 12.5?

I guess everyone has their own definition of tall and skinny.

A 12.5 wide mud terrain is actually much skinnier than a 12.5 wide all terrain because of the tread
That's most likely because those wheels are 10" wide?

Speaking of the Badak Xtreme, Accelera has been doing a great job expanding the tire size line. Here's a recent release in 33x10.50 R15 flavor. Perfect application for the Toyota OEM 15" steelies if you are still not contented with the 31x10.5 R15 variant.

Tempting but I currently have 16" OEM steelies so no go for me, but the local Accelera representative in my country assured me that they will soon release 280/85 R16 (33x10.50 R16) size and will soon expand to more sizes but only exclusive to the 15 and 16 diameter intended for "professional" / competition use.

1598501510975.png

In my country and generally for the Southeast Asian region, we always had a knack on competition/expedition vehicles running TSL Boggers/Swampers but the imposed taxes and duties including the lengthy shipping period leaved less to be desired. Ever since the annual Rain Forest Challenge events and other similar regional offroad competition events, local tire companies(Indonesian/Malaysian/Philippines/Thailand/Taiwan) that do subcontract and local partnership to major tire companies such as (e.g Bridgestone, Yokohama, Michelin, Continental) used the RFC competition as their testbed and r&d. The likes of Simex, Maxxis/CST, GT Radial, Accelera, Otani, Deestone to name some. These tires held up pretty well considering it originated from rubber producing countries, not to mention the collaboration and partnership with the known major tire companies they are associated with.

The Badak Xtreme including it's competitors of the same tire range were never meant for street(posing) or even worst mall crawling duties, hence the lack of tire diameter offerings bigger than 16 inches and rarely exceeded the N speed rating specification. Sadly, TSLs have become a novelty over here but this paved the way for local tire manufacturers to innovate and exercise their engineering and technical chops to provide solid dedicated mud tires for the harsh rainforest jungles in the region.

Speaking of the Badak Xtreme, Accelera has been doing a great job expanding the tire size line. Here's a recent release in 33x10.50 R15 flavor. Perfect application for the Toyota OEM 15" steelies if you are still not contented with the 31x10.5 R15 variant.

Tempting but I currently have 16" OEM steelies so no go for me, but the local Accelera representative in my country assured me that they will soon release 280/85 R16 (33x10.50 R16) size and will soon expand to more sizes but only exclusive to the 15 and 16 diameter intended for "professional" / competition use.

View attachment 2417499

In my country and generally for the Southeast Asian region, we always had a knack on competition/expedition vehicles running TSL Boggers/Swampers but the imposed taxes and duties including the lengthy shipping period leaved less to be desired. Ever since the annual Rain Forest Challenge events and other similar regional offroad competition events, local tire companies(Indonesian/Malaysian/Philippines/Thailand/Taiwan) that do subcontract and local partnership to major tire companies such as (e.g Bridgestone, Yokohama, Michelin, Continental) used the RFC competition as their testbed and r&d. The likes of Simex, Maxxis/CST, GT Radial, Accelera, Otani, Deestone to name some. These tires held up pretty well considering it originated from rubber producing countries, not to mention the collaboration and partnership with the known major tire companies they are associated with.

The Badak Xtreme including it's competitors of the same tire range were never meant for street(posing) or even worst mall crawling duties, hence the lack of tire diameter offerings bigger than 16 inches and rarely exceeded the N speed rating specification. Sadly, TSLs have become a novelty over here but this paved the way for local tire manufacturers to innovate and exercise their engineering and technical chops to provide solid dedicated mud tires for the harsh rainforest jungles in the region.

...Those tires pictured above, would “hurt” the earth !! WoW !!

Tomorrow I'm swapping from 255/85-16 Toyo Open Country MT to 255/85-16 BFG KM3.

There will be pics.

I've been told that they are really quiet and soft. I don't like the tread pattern as much as the Toyo, but that really doesn't mean anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom