Tall skinny tires (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For the record, my Yokohama M/T G003’s in 235/85/16 are a solid 1” taller at the Hub (measured from the ground up) was than the 235/85/16 BFG KO2’s I have.

Ground to hub is 15”

Ground to hub on my 33x10.50x15 BFG KM2s are also 15”

So. We all know BFG runs small but now I know Yokohama runs large to size.

@woody and I both tested the X M/T Yokohama’s in California last month and they were WAY big to size (40s looked like 42” BFGs)

It’s a solid tall skinny fit those looking in the 33x9.50 world we once loved so

0F06128A-21BC-4F32-812D-DAE686C79930.jpeg

Probably 285/75R16 and we should admit 285 is not really a skinny tire... from the point of view of this thread

On an 18 inch rim Kenda klever at kr28 275/80r18. Not quite pizza cutter. More calzone cutter. * I don’t own a pair, but I’m looking. Not much thin and tall for 18s.

Yes. They are about 29” tall though

Any experience in snow? Downsides of them besides smaller diameter? They'll spend most time on hard loose when off trail in Idaho and on pavement.

the 31x9.50 BFGs spec a 6" rim - anyone have trouble getting shop to mount them on the 5.5" stock rims?

Any experience in snow? Downsides of them besides smaller diameter? They'll spend most time on hard loose when off trail in Idaho and on pavement.

the 31x9.50 BFGs spec a 6" rim - anyone have trouble getting shop to mount them on the 5.5" stock rims?

Shops around here don’t blink at 10.50-12.50 on stock rims.

They are cool little tires. I like them for the vintage look but they are loud and the traction is good but not great. The compounds are pretty hard.

nothing, yet....the company just released a new "crossover" AT/MT and I suspect that pattern will be their target...meeting with them in Dec, hope to see more info then.

Another vote for 33x9.5 for the old 15" wheels...

I'm in the market for a streetable, as in pleasant on a road trip with a female companion, and offroad capable tire and 35-37" soon for my hopefully soon to be runnin project truck. I've been wishing a tall skinny was available in that size. It sounds like the "crossover" terrain might be just what I'm looking for.

nothing, yet....the company just released a new "crossover" AT/MT and I suspect that pattern will be their target...meeting with them in Dec, hope to see more info then.

Let me know if you need any help with real world testing... That would be perfect in a narrow 37 on a 17" wheel for my truck. ;)

So tires are something I have been trying to comprehend. From what I gather, I am guessing that there is no ~35 tire that’s tall, skinny, fits 16 rims, and is not a straight off-roading tire? I’m looking for something that could double duty as a daily driver.

Same here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom