1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tall order...

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Deckpilot, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Deckpilot

Deckpilot

I know this is is gonna be a difficult task, but anyone got any ideas on leads or where to start looking for a PTO winch? I know an electric one would probably be a lot less maintenance and more efficient and all that, but I want to go with the old stock stuff.

2. dd113

dd113

Not that big of a deal, I see 6-8 a year FS. Ramsey made one that was dealer installed and can sorta be considered stock; stock like the locking hubs were dealer installed. OEM winches are out there also. OEM is more difficult to find. Prices range from $200-$600. It is almost impossible to find the shifters, shifter flanges or the shifter boot. You can fab up all of it. If yours is a 78 you will need the 4 spd PTO gear. Not stock in NA. SOR usually has some used.

3. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
  4. Sir_Titus

Sir_Titus

did you check CCOT :D

5. Mike S

Mike S

6. Landpimp

Landpimp

try

We have two PTO winches for sale. The first is a 1974 rear PTO winch, complete with driveshafts, gearbox, spool, ect. We are asking $250 for this plus shipping.

The second is a 1971 PTO front winch, totally 100% complete with over 100' of good cable. This was is dry storage for over 30 years. Like new condition. $600 firm.

Email us for more info.

Eric and Brian at Tri-Pass Toyotas

fj40fj55parts.@yahoo.com