Tall guys driving 80's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I guess I am lucky, I am 6'-7" 210 and don't have an issue wit the factory seats and leg room but would have an issue with losing 3/4 inch of headroom. Just giving a data point...

I had to remove the seat brackets from my 60 and cut and reweld them to get the seat to go back further. Was a pain in the ass, but WELL worth in it the end!

Talk to Rick. Doesn't look to me that you lose 3/4 headroom. It moves the front of the seat up 3/4 inch, not the back.

Rich is correct. The front of the seat is elevated slightly, but the back is not. You also get a seat that moves back and actual ~2 inches, but which feels like 2 feet. :D

I've got landtanks brackets installed....

wow

3/4" raise at the front edge of the seat, 2" of much needed and appreciated legroom, and almost no height increase at the back edge (same mounting bolts/location used in back)

pricey little brackets, and it took some brain work to ensure I ground down the correct dimples on the sliders, but it has saved me on long trips.

This is a Landtank! :D

I have to add my 2 cents ......

Since getting Landtanks seat extensions, I have racked up about 1500+ miles and its been like night and day for my legs (I'm 6'2"). My legs used to be cramped after 2 hours ..... now 8 hours feels easy. I think they are very inexspensive for something you will enjoy EVERY time you drive your 80. Also, for what its worth, the design appears simple, but it took some serious smarts/skills to make it work as it does.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom