Talk me into a 200 aka sell my Tundra aka it’s only money (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hell I've been wanting to trade in my 2012 f150 crew 4wd (paid off for years) only 65k on the clock for a tundra 1794 to match my 2016 LC. But he'll I can't justify the cost, I don't use my truck much but it would be nice when I do my wife doesn't say it sucks and would rather be in the LC.

I’ve put 5,000+ miles on a FJ55 in the last 3 months. The desire for some comforts from the family are justified.

Maybe I’m getting soft too....

B68DA999-F63C-4262-8B71-743F85D01CB9.jpeg

DCC0D0CC-A4DF-488D-A8FB-89F3C67DE342.jpeg

529459E9-F263-4B1E-804C-8A0195182245.jpeg

790BF582-8D7C-4817-ABBC-C601CF5E4D15.jpeg

78224867-F0F9-440C-83D4-7407876871F8.jpeg

Yessir, just parts. “Free” labor from myself to myself.

I have two appraisals coming in this week and an interview for different position at my real job. They would all mean more money, but less free time to do something like SAS a Tundra just because I like to do things the hardest way possible.

Also, if this works out, I will be pulling way less old broken trucks to the shop.

A 200 on 35”s would be a pretty sweet daily driver and weekend toy if we don't take the 55.
She would get big in these woods in AL, but would be amazing to haul ass to CO and mess around for a week.

Its only money.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense with the free labor. What’s your shop? I’m in GA and knowing the reputable shops in the area is always a good idea.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense with the free labor. What’s your shop? I’m in GA and knowing the reputable shops in the area is always a good idea.

Black Hawk Off Road

Honestly, I’m back on active duty and not doing hardly any shop work at all. Have two big builds lined up for when new building is completed, but my time is much much more limited than it was.

I got a rank promotion yesterday and if they offer me the full time position I want on this Wednesday, I’ll being saying in a long time and not retiring next summer as planned.

B8E31C88-7986-4F2D-B7F7-EC917D932AFA.jpeg

Yessir, just parts. “Free” labor from myself to myself.

I have two appraisals coming in this week and an interview for different position at my real job. They would all mean more money, but less free time to do something like SAS a Tundra just because I like to do things the hardest way possible.

Also, if this works out, I will be pulling way less old broken trucks to the shop.

A 200 on 35”s would be a pretty sweet daily driver and weekend toy if we don't take the 55.
She would get big in these woods in AL, but would be amazing to haul ass to CO and mess around for a week.

Its only money.

If you really want to SAS, just be a leader and SAS a 200 and show us the way.. :smokin::steer:

love the trailer pictures, like a hunter with all those kills! Congrats on making rank!

I sold me 2019 TDPro Tundra and bought a 17' 200.
its better :) by a lot..

the girls loved the tundra though and want me to get another bc it was huge in the back seat though.

Either can pull my D90 though.. the 200 will be the camp (aka overland, aka car camping) rig now.

I drove them back to back. Drove a Tundra just to see. Took one turn out of the dealer and drove it right back to the salesman. It drives like a boat just like it’s American cousins.

I also cannot get over the resonant frame vibration that reverberates through the cabin on the highway.

Left that day with a 2020 Cruiser.

Good truck but the Cruiser is leagues ahead of it.

The only major downside to the LC is the shorter wheelbase... you will notice it while towing at highway speeds. I've towed extensively with both platforms, even a bit in a friends ultra long wheelbase 2014 DCLB. That 165" spread between the axles was downright on another planet when loaded up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom