Taking the plunge on Friday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The lockers work. Of course I had to test those. The AC wasn't blowing cold but it just needed to be recharged. Blowing ice cold now.

You did well. Its even "the right colour"... I'm partial to the green ones. :p
I'm a little disappointed in my fellow MUD members, we all gave you some amount of crap over driving a HEEP, but not one person presented you with the proper MUD welcome....TSK TSK

WELCOME TO MUD! :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Oh man that looks to be a great specimen. Welcome! Congrats. Buddy of mine liked my LX so much he started shopping. Ended up being gifted a 96 jeep. It is maybe less comfortable but man everything is way cheaper and that thing is still fun. You will find your uses. I daily my LX just because it is so comfortable but i am always looking at other solid axle vehicles just because i have other issues.

You did well. Its even "the right colour"... I'm partial to the green ones. :p
I'm a little disappointed in my fellow MUD members, we all gave you some amount of crap over driving a HEEP, but not one person presented you with the proper MUD welcome....TSK TSK

WELCOME TO MUD! :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
It's all good. I had a three digit member number at Pirate4x4, so I'm not exactly a stranger to some internet hazing.

Haha well hazing here is child's play compared to pirate ha. So you have the factory roof rack. Mine looked perfect but there was some rust under the rack. It is generally advised to do a roof rack delete and replace it with something that uses the gutter rails.

Haha well hazing here is child's play compared to pirate ha. So you have the factory roof rack. Mine looked perfect but there was some rust under the rack. It is generally advised to do a roof rack delete and replace it with something that uses the gutter rails.
Good looking out. I'll check it.

Anyway, the ultimate plan is a 3ish inch lift and 35s. Ditch the running boards and flares. Front and rear bumpers. That's pretty much it. No desire to do a full on "expedition build" I think you guys call it.

I probably won't get cranking on the upgrades until next summer though.

Congrats, still wish you posted a pic with your new truck next to your jeep for the haters. Great looking rig and rusty is right, great color!

The market on these things is insane. I've had it less than two hours and have already been offered $5k more than I paid.
This is amusing. When I one almost the same as yours I think I don't pay much more the the $5k you mentioned. Of course that was almost 10 years ago. I hope the market is as hot as you say.

But I wont be selling mine until it is used up. At 331,000 and still my DD who knows when that will be.

Interesting and rare optioned vehicle. Those seats were originally cloth seats as it has the one compartment center console but it does have the sunroof. Factory lockers would also indicate full float rear axle with 4-wheel disks. Nice vehicle and ready for some fun. Drive it a while before you do a lot of modification to determine what you really need.

Interesting and rare optioned vehicle. Those seats were originally cloth seats as it has the one compartment center console but it does have the sunroof. Factory lockers would also indicate full float rear axle with 4-wheel disks. Nice vehicle and ready for some fun. Drive it a while before you do a lot of modification to determine what you really need.
I have a decent understanding of the nuts and bolts of the overall platform, but I'm about as ignorant as I can be about different option packages. What makes this so interesting and rare?

Just the mix of the things I pointed out. May be not that rare as in collectable just different.

Considering putting one of these on it just to increase the level of triggering.

39cde9966ba043ce257de2e9d8acc9be.png

Mine was the same way. Manual leather seats. I think it was a port option where dealers or someone converted them to leather. If you take off the door panels there will be fabric under the leather on the door panels. Mine also had the single center console lid. I have found a few trucks lile this and strangely they were all green ones. Manual leather, single center console, green and lockers. Just like mine.

I personally like the manual seats and wish I had kept mine but the leather was trashed on mine. The manual seats have a slightly different hight and position to them that I could not replicate with the adjustable electric ones. But now I am used to my electric ones so it is all good.

Ps that is a nice clean looking truck

Great rig. You are going to have a lot of help in here despite the first 👊.

Congratulations!

Mine was the same way. Manual leather seats. I think it was a port option where dealers or someone converted them to leather. If you take off the door panels there will be fabric under the leather on the door panels. Mine also had the single center console lid. I have found a few trucks lile this and strangely they were all green ones. Manual leather, single center console, green and lockers. Just like mine.

I personally like the manual seats and wish I had kept mine but the leather was trashed on mine. The manual seats have a slightly different hight and position to them that I could not replicate with the adjustable electric ones. But now I am used to my electric ones so it is all good.

Ps that is a nice clean looking truck
I've never sat in any other FJ80, but I have noticed these seats seem to sit up really high. I honestly like it. Combined with the low cut windows, visibility is excellent.

It looks like the PO wore gloves when driving. That steering wheel is cherry. Congratulations.

It looks like the PO wore gloves when driving. That steering wheel is cherry. Congratulations.
It's in good shape, but it's not as minty fresh as it seems to be in the pic.

Overall, I'm happy to get it.

The family was going to keep it and just use it to beat around on the farm. I was like, please don't do that. Let me kick you some cash and go buy a side by side or John Deere Gator or something like that. It'll be way better suited for what you're wanting to do and an awesome old LC won't go out in such a sad undignified manner. Let me keep this thing going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom