Wanted Taking the Plunge! In CA with 40K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm Fairly flexible, let me know what you have. Budgeted 40K. Ideally 2013 with some mileage but will look at other years (especially if it's built some). I'd like a clean CARFAX and no funny business. I'd rather pay a little more for an honest deal than deal with too good to be true prices and shady dealers. I am not opposed to shipping it to CA as long as some MUD members can help me verify condition (I will compensate you for your time).

My LC story since I've been out of the loop for a while... I've owned Land Cruisers since I was 16 (let's just say over 20 years), have owned several diesel imports and did several 60 and 80 series diesel conversions out of my shop in Davis. I can come up with MUD references to vouch for me if need be.

Look forward to getting back into a Cruiser!

David

Increased the budget to 50K as not much for sale on the West Coast for less than that. Midwest and Eastcoast rigs seem cheaper and more plentiful. If you are even thinking about selling let me know. I'm itching to get something soon.

I was going to say that if you're looking for a 2013 for $40k you're not going to find much help here - if someone else spots it, they're probably going to buy it. Although finding one for that price is not unheard of, it's extremely difficult to find and sells in hours. $50k should be plenty to get a nice 2013.

I have a nice 2013 that I will sell for 45k. Sending you a PM...

Did you purchase one? Got a mint 14 LC, 16k mikes up for sale.

Thanks for the offers everyone. I finally pulled the trigger!

2013 Metallic Gray with Black interior. In excellent condition, clean, single owner Carfax 30,000 miles $48K.

I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives.

And here she is!

IMAG3383.jpg

IMAG3382.jpg

IMAG3384.jpg

@iron_giant great looking LC! Did you have automatic alerts setup with online classified- autotrader, cars.com, etc... or did you have a dealer looking for you?

I have a friend on the Autonation network who was looking there and I spent a lot of hours watching the usual sites (cars.com, truecar, carmax, autotrader etc.). I am in California and could not find a thing for the 10-12 months I was looking. I broadened the search nationwide and tried to avoid rust prone areas. I ended up finding this one on one of the major sites and after looking at the history jumped on it. I contacted the dealer within hours of it's posting. I took a chance not inspecting it personally but was confident in the vehicle history and chose to trust the dealer and its reputation. I also had to pay to ship it across the country. In the end, I resigned myself to the idea that I'd rather be driving a land cruiser I paid a little more for than spending my life looking for the perfect deal. I'm very glad I did! I've put 4500 miles on it already (road trips) and there's no looking back.

I have a friend on the Autonation network who was looking there and I spent a lot of hours watching the usual sites (cars.com, truecar, carmax, autotrader etc.). I am in California and could not find a thing for the 10-12 months I was looking. I broadened the search nationwide and tried to avoid rust prone areas. I ended up finding this one on one of the major sites and after looking at the history jumped on it. I contacted the dealer within hours of it's posting. I took a chance not inspecting it personally but was confident in the vehicle history and chose to trust the dealer and its reputation. I also had to pay to ship it across the country. In the end, I resigned myself to the idea that I'd rather be driving a land cruiser I paid a little more for than spending my life looking for the perfect deal. I'm very glad I did! I've put 4500 miles on it already (road trips) and there's no looking back.

I have been searching online since selling my truck in November and recently started asking for dealer(s) help. It is very challenging to find a good deal and likely impossible to find the perfect one. Your 10-12 months of searching is crazy! After just a few months into this search, I'm about ready to throw up my hands and just buy something else already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom