Take a ride. (71 FJ40) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SFROMAN

SILVER Star
Threads
Anybody want to take a ride with me tomorrow Saturday morning?

I am headed out to the coast so about 3 hours there and 3 hours back.

I might or might not be picking up something with my truck and car hauler. So I might need some help or just some company would be cool.

Let me know
Thanks

Is it possibly white in color? What time you leaving?

Is it possibly white in color? What time you leaving?

Haha. Spoke to your dad, I believe, earlier. Yeah it’s white, possibly.

Leaving Raleigh area at 0930

Yeah that was him wish I could make the ride with you we got a 8am soccer game though. Love to come check that thing out though if you ever want some help cleaning it up.

Yeah that was him wish I could make the ride with you we got a 8am soccer game though. Love to come check that thing out though if you ever want some help cleaning it up.

Yeah for sure. Just hit me up on a weekend.

If you can pick me up and drop me off I'm more then happy to tag along

I saw something white on a trailer while leaving the neighborhood for dinner tonight... fill us in!

B17D94A1-C14D-4428-A212-94055B5760F5.jpeg

Well here it is. 1971 fj40. I had to use my 83 first gen rims and tires in order to move the 40 on the trailer.

Oh, awesome. So I see you got the one Mrs. @mtweller shared to the FB group! Congrats.

now all you need is a 4 car garage with a lift...nice score

And a 2f :D

Nice project.

Looks pretty awesome, Del - nice score! I'll look forward to seeing it soon; may have some parts you can use. ;)

Oh, awesome. So I see you got the one Mrs. @mtweller shared to the FB group! Congrats.

Resist. The only reason I have book of the face is to keep in touch with my family when I’m away.

By the time Ramon’s wife posted it the 40 was already sold.

Resist. The only reason I have book of the face is to keep in touch with my family when I’m away.

By the time Ramon’s wife posted it the 40 was already sold.

So this is a different truck, or you had already seen it elsewhere?

S
So this is a different truck, or you had already seen it elsewhere?
same truck. It was sold to a TLCA member from CA. But he backed out after he bought it. I bought it from him. But it never transferred owner.

3B5BA9BB-C5A9-4CF7-9B5F-947BA28FE870.jpeg

Here is a better picture. Spent most of the day cleaning it out. It was moldy and dirty as hell.
It is a 1971
Project name is MELISSA becuase just like my wife it hasn’t ran since 1996. Haha

I am going to hold of on any type of build thread considering I probably won’t be messing with this thing until after my rubicon trip this summer and when I finally finish the white first gen.

So for now I will just post a few pictures here.

What's the plan Del? Restoration, resto-mod, crawler, ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom