Taillights work, shift ind works and warnings work…..but no dash backlight (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got her back from the stereo shop and they took the cluster out trying to figure why the door ajar warning indicator light wasn’t working anymore so I’m assuming they didn’t hook something up, they missed something when putting it back together.

I really would like to avoid taking it back to those bozos and have it sit there for a week while they give me the run around, anything I should try/check first before I open it up again and check to see if anything is dangling?

Did you check the obvious and turn the brightness dial? Is it just the gauge cluster, or is it all lights on the entire dash?

That stereo shop sounds profoundly incompetent.

Did you check the obvious and turn the brightness dial? Is it just the gauge cluster, or is it all lights on the entire dash?

That stereo shop sounds profoundly incompetent.

Yep it's not the dial, it's just the gauges everything else lights up....or perhaps I should say none of the night time driving stuff lights up, nothing lights up when you turn the daylights/headlights on.

They drove me nuts just installing some speakers and remote start I had to take it back to them 3 times, in the end I told them to just give me the truck back and I'll contact American Express to deal with it. Then they finally of course got all the speakers working and figured out what they did to mess with the door ajar light, now of course there is this issue.....

It has been a while since I had my cluster out but the fact that NONE of the backlights work leads me to think that it is not individual bulbs bumped loose. It is probable a loose or unplugged connector. Do any of the backlights (HVAC, etc.) dim with the dimmer knob? If not, I would check the connector behind the dimmer knob.

If you need to pull the cluster to check connectors, the thread below is pretty good.

Pics for D Light Replacement - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/pics-for-d-light-replacement.99481/

It has been a while since I had my cluster out but the fact that NONE of the backlights work leads me to think that it is not individual bulbs bumped loose. It is probable a loose or unplugged connector. Do any of the backlights (HVAC, etc.) dim with the dimmer knob? If not, I would check the connector behind the dimmer knob.

If you need to pull the cluster to check connectors, the thread below is pretty good.

Pics for D Light Replacement - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/pics-for-d-light-replacement.99481/

Nope nothing changes with the dimmer knob, I was hoping to stave off opening it all up until my new LED's came in but I guess no chance of that unless I want to be driving in the dark....

Nope nothing changes with the dimmer knob,
I would view that as a good sign that it is just a single connector that was not plugged in. Look behind your dimmer knob and make sure the connector is plugged in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom