Tailgate Panel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,

I have converted my 76 40 to barn doors and have a tailgate blank off panel I no longer need available. It will fit 76 and newer 40's who want to run topless.

I beefed it up by adding an angle iron frame to the back and covered it with a 12 guage steel panel to make it a true tailgate that wont bend out if you have items hit it from the inside. It is painted cygnus white and would make a great fold down tailgate if you added bottom hinges.

$pector sells them for a $100.00 - which is a total rip off for a flat panel with tabs.:D.

I will let mine go for $50.00. I will post up some pictures when I get home this weekend.

Tim:steer:

Tim, I may want to take you up on that offer. I've been looking around trying to find barn doors to convert for my '82, and may go that route in the future, but that sound like a good deal so I can start getting the hardtop off as soon as possible. Send over pics when you have a chance, and maybe I can come up this weekend.

Thanks,
Adam

Tim, I may want to take you up on that offer. I've been looking around trying to find barn doors to convert for my '82, and may go that route in the future, but that sound like a good deal so I can start getting the hardtop off as soon as possible. Send over pics when you have a chance, and maybe I can come up this weekend.

Thanks,
Adam

I've got some new SOR fiberglass barn doors that I wound up not using, also have some used hinges. One door has a small chip, but I have the piece to be reattached. If you are interested PM me and I'll throw them in the back of my car, and we can meet some time during the week so you can check them out.

I've got some new SOR fiberglass barn doors that I wound up not using, also have some used hinges. One door has a small chip, but I have the piece to be reattached. If you are interested PM me and I'll throw them in the back of my car, and we can meet some time during the week so you can check them out.

Sorry to hijack your offer in my for sale thread. But you might want to let Adam know that they will not fit right- the door opening is 1/2" wider for tubs that have amby doors, he will have to drill new holes in this tub because the hinges are not in the same place - and I am pretty sure they they will cost way more than 50.00$. :D

Sorry to hijack your offer in my for sale thread. But you might want to let Adam know that they will not fit right- the door opening is 1/2" wider for tubs that have amby doors, he will have to drill new holes in this tub because the hinges are not in the same place - and I am pretty sure they they will cost way more than 50.00$. :D

I apologize for hijacking in the first place. I didn't know that there was a different opening for the tubs. And the drilling of extra holes is why I didn't use these in the first place.

I apologize for hijacking in the first place. I didn't know that there was a different opening for the tubs. And the drilling of extra holes is why I didn't use these in the first place.

No worries darby- It's all good- just a little ribbing at your expense thrown in for fun :D-

I learned about the difference almost the same way.
I spent the weekend modifying my hardtop to accept an early style hinged door and had to weld in new steel to close the gaps. I will be doing the same thing to my tub next. Getting real good with the MIG welder.

You should be able to sell those doors- Those are desirable items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom