Tailgate Lock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok. I've had several Land Cruisers and this part issue is by the most challenging problem I've encountered. I used the part number from an earlier post on this thread and it's not the right size (too small) AND I've bought 2 other aftermarket type of clips and no dice. I took a drill and other tools to try to manipulate it in and just cannot get it to work. Went to a salvage yard and while they're there the plastic is so brittle it cracked in the same spot mine did. Went to Toyota yesterday and showed them the clip and they told me I'd have to buy the entire mechanism ($250). Very Toyota sales guy response.

Running out of patience and ideas here, does anyone have the actual part number for this specific clip?

Thanks as always

Still available from toyota, as well as your local parts store in non-OEM quality
Took it in to Toyota and they told me I'd have to buy the entire latch mechanism to get the right clip ($250). Any idea what the specific PN is for this part?

I don't see it listed separately on the tailgate parts diagram. The diagrams I can find are a bit blurry though and I don't know exactly where in the gate this part goes. Do you have a picture of the area it installs, like what it attaches to?

That part number pictured earlier appears to be for the drivers side rear door, notice it says LH (left hand) so it's not a tailgate piece. Toyota calls the tailgate the "back door" and the rear passenger doors the "rear doors" just FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom