Tailgate lightbulb change (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.nmia.com
I screwed up when I pryed the carpeted panel off the inside of the tailgate to get to the lightbulb socket & about 1/2 of the plastic clips stayed in the tailgate & pulled the heads thru the cheezy cardboard panel. Shoulda used the pry tool (which I happened to have but didn't bother fetching):doh: Oh well, live & learn.

SOU87600_1.jpg

Luckily most of the ones that pulled thru are on the bottom edge which is held down by the plastic flap when the tailgate is open.

:doh: :beer:

I did the same Donco. How much is the pry tool? Where did you buy (cardomain i'm guessing?)

rockclmbr said:
I did the same Donco. How much is the pry tool? Where did you buy (cardomain i'm guessing?)

Nah, you can get those things just about anywhere for about $3-$4, Autozone, Pep Boys, Checker, Harbor freigt, etc. I was able to pull the remaining plastic fasteners out of tailgate with the tool without any breaking, and it seems like the panel will stay put in the now ratted out cardboard holes. I they do start to come loose, I thinking I can "restore" the cardboard with a little superglue.

Brother I was about to do the same. Thanks for the heads up!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom