Tailgate lid replacement - no more carpet please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks very much for the input and the sarcasm guys. I have no problem making my own and it looks like that is my only option. With a new baby girl at home and working long hours, I want to spend the little spare time I have on the river, so was just looking to see if there was a kit. I've had TAP plastics make panels for my jeep in the past, so I'll hit them up again.

In all honesty TAP will be your best bet and the lowest cost option. Although.... It wouldnt hurt to hit up Wagon Gear just in case.... but, with your limited time..... it would probably take longer to install than the TAP Plastic route.... Good luck and be sure to share what you end up with!

Listen; unless it can be bent, welded, torched, machined or screwed these guys aren't interested. So your question regarding a kit falls on deaf ears.

I'm in the same boat trying to figure out what to do about mine... I have come to a similar conclusion, i'll probably have to create my own or have it made.

Did you even read the thread?

<snip>

Or, better yet, you could buy my $339.99 kit (which is totally worth it, since I gets those edges so smooooth!)... :flipoff2:

Here's WagonGear's thread about the 100 series lid over on his vendor forum: https://forum.ih8mud.com/wagongear/445582-lids-100s.html There's a much longer thread in 100 series tech, but this one has updates regarding the beta lids that are on a few trucks right now. I want.

Yup, makes food prep easssy

Good idea! Some of my hunting buddies gave me a hard time last year for making them sandwiches on the bloody tail-gate carpet. Bunch of pussies! But I wonder how good the ass traction is with a cutting board instead of carpet for passengers?

...wait, scratch that, dog is going to eat s*** if I make the tailgate slick!

Chalk up +1 to the carpet then, better doggie traction!

dogs dont like getting in and out of my truck because its from atop the drawers, down onto the tailgate, then quickly to ground. Bodylift, lift and 35s make that jump down from the drawer top pretty far.

As the mods roll on I need to keep that in mind. The LC is my dogs truck! He's not allowed in the wifes car, doesn't like winter rides in the kennel in the open bed Tacoma and so I've started referring to the LC as the dogs car.

I wonder if I can rig a dog ramp on a swingout or something when bumper time comes around.

Anyone know the part number for this piece or name?? mine is missing it. 2006 LC. Thanks!!
1600318451688.png

Last edited:
58574-60100B1, B1 means it's grey, it's about $300. You might be better off looking in the part out section in the classifieds here on mud for it

58574-60100B1, B1 means it's grey, it's about $300. You might be better off looking in the part out section in the classifieds here on mud for it
thx @trdcorolla ! my interior is that yellow color..is that ivory or stone? i can grab the last 2 digits just not sure what toyota calls that yellow color. i appreciate it!

Last edited:
Huh? AYFKM???

Take your original pressboard/carpet POS to TAP Plastics down in the Mercer Mess (or over in Redmond) and let them cut you a duplicate in HDPE. Get some body/trim anchors at O'Reilly autoparts and drill and mount. :confused:

Or, better yet, you could buy my $339.99 kit (which is totally worth it, since I gets those edges so smooooth!)... :flipoff2:
View attachment 612822
cool subfloor did u make that?

cool subfloor did u make that?
Yes. It's a couple of restaurant dunnage racks/shelves with a 3" wide piece of network rack spanning the center & topped with carpeted plywood. That setup worked great for many years. Only thing I would do differently is not carpet the base under the drawers again. There's no wheels on the plastic bins and they would have been much easier to slide in and out.

The shelves came from a 2nd hand restaurant supply place and the rack upright from a computer salvage place. All told it cost about $300 to put together.

1600442563783.png

Yes. It's a couple of restaurant dunnage racks/shelves with a 3" wide piece of network rack spanning the center & topped with carpeted plywood. That setup worked great for many years. Only thing I would do differently is not carpet the base under the drawers again. There's no wheels on the plastic bins and they would have been much easier to slide in and out.

The shelves came from a 2nd hand restaurant supply place and the rack upright from a computer salvage place. All told it cost about $300 to put together.

View attachment 2439098
Very nicely done!!

thx @trdcorolla ! my interior is that yellow color..is that ivory or stone? i can grab the last 2 digits just not sure what toyota calls that yellow color. i appreciate it!
Most likely it’s ivory. Check your door tag for the trim code. Once you have that, you can check with a dealer and see. If it’s discontinued, check car-parts.com for any local wrecking yards for Crusers. I was at a couple on Friday in NC and I believe there was one there.

Most likely it’s ivory. Check your door tag for the trim code. Once you have that, you can check with a dealer and see. If it’s discontinued, check car-parts.com for any local wrecking yards for Crusers. I was at a couple on Friday in NC and I believe there was one there.
thanks @Dwight S !

@Dwight S Can you decipher this?
UZJ100L-GNAEKA
C/TR 056/LA00
A/TM A03A/A750F

the interior is a tan yellow leather. i can't figure out if that is "ivory" or "stone". it's definitely not grey.

Yours is ivory, but that part is no longer available in ivory, only stone (grey). So you'll probably want to look for a used one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom