Wanted tailgate handle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ginericLC

Wagon Wheeler!
Threads
I need a tailgate handle for a 73 FJ55. I borrowed a 55 from OwyheeJackAss for a photo shoot and he emailed me and told me the tailgate handle was broken. So I'm getting him a replacement. We never opened up the tailgate at the photo shoot so I'm not sure what happened but I want to make it right. Can anyone help? I've searched all the vendors and come up with nothing. The 3D printed one doesn't sound like it meets his expectations so that solution is out. PLEASE!

That stinks, but tailgate handles are incredibly difficult to find and they also break all the time on 55s.

So the good news is there is a very good chance you had nothing to do with breaking it and it broke when he went to use it, but the bad news is there is very little chance you'll find a new working one without paying a ridiculous amount for it.

Tricky situation.

I sent you a PM with a solid lead. Hope it helps.

I never tried my billet handle on a FJ55, It works on 60s through 80, and 100 Series.

Will work on barn door 70 series also but in reverse. If anyone can chime in on whether

the shaft spline is the same as a 60, it may possibly work. If so, I have some still available as

of 2/1/19.

I never tried my billet handle on a FJ55, It works on 60s through 80, and 100 Series.

Will work on barn door 70 series also but in reverse. If anyone can chime in on whether

the shaft spline is the same as a 60, it may possibly work. If so, I have some still available as

of 2/1/19.

55’s have a lift handle. I did find one. Of course it cost me more than I paid for many whole land cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom