Tailgate glass rubber/hold pad ???

Discussion in 'FJ55 Iron Pig Preservation Society' started by Lucy_FJ55, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Lucy_FJ55

Lucy_FJ55

So, I recently replaced the notorious plastic gear in my tailgate window/motor assembly and the window raises and lowers great-until the glass seperates from the channel it is supposed to be held by. There is a strip of 'U' shaped rubber that should hold the window tightly in place but mine is crusty and torn from years of use. I can not seem to find a decent replacement locally and have not figured out an alternative yet. (I may just use some sort of rubber sealant and glue it in place... GHETTO!) Has anyone found a good replacement or alternative to this window rubber ?

Thanks.

2. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    just hit up a glass shop....they have rolls of stuff that's kind of like tar stripping, but not as gooey...works great.

3. snailwagon

snailwagon

Mine came with the ghetto seal in it, with the channel all mangled up and filled with orange rubber of some sort. I guess it works, but it definetly looks like crap.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.