Tailgate catch on body, same as FJ55? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
SILVER Star
Threads
I have a situation and some 55 parts may be the answer. Heard from a fellow mudder that the 55 tailgate catches may be the same as the 45lv? I don't have a pic of the 55, but I did rob one from Landpimp's site and circled the part I am looking for (sorry pimp, but it was the best one I could find to get the point across)?

Any of you guys know or can you take a close up pic of this catch and post a pic?

Posting the same question in the 55 section looking for a close up pic of the 55 also.

If one of the LV owners could post a pic ASAP of that catch on the LV I would sure appreciate it :) Going to take a look tonight again to see if I can find it, would help to know what I'm looking for?

Thanks, Matt
52777583.jpg

Last edited:
I would say no they are not the same. I would look at my 55 but I can't get the back window down :(

Got a photo from Rhino in the 55 section.

Anyone got this same shot with an lv now?

Thanks, Matt
gate latch.jpg

from what i've seen, they're the same.

foxfab said:
I wonder where you could get some...

DSC00662.JPG

Sweet......Are these for the lv or the 55? Or both because they are exactly the same?

You have mail! Pm'd you!

Thanks, Matt

The blue painted ones are the FJ45. The other set is from a '73 FJ55. The only difference I can see is the FJ55 spacer is slightly thicker and the screws are longer. Grab some new plates from foxfab (round off the back corner) and I'll ship you a set of the latches. If anyone else has some latches off a piggy, let me know. I am going to need a set after I send mine to Matt. I know he needs them sooner than I will for sure :D

I got piggy latches off a '76 you can have for the price of the ride.

Steve

treerootCO said:
The blue painted ones are the FJ45. The other set is from a '73 FJ55. The only difference I can see is the FJ55 spacer is slightly thicker and the screws are longer. Grab some new plates from foxfab (round off the back corner) and I'll ship you a set of the latches. If anyone else has some latches off a piggy, let me know. I am going to need a set after I send mine to Matt. I know he needs them sooner than I will for sure :D

theSherpa said:
I got piggy latches off a '76 you can have for the price of the ride.

Steve

You have mail :D

Thanks, Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom