Tailgate catch on body, same as FJ55? (1 Viewer)

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
I have a situation and some 55 parts may be the answer. Heard from a fellow mudder that the 55 tailgate catches may be the same as the 45lv? I don't have a pic of the 55, but I did rob one from Landpimp's site and circled the part I am looking for (sorry pimp, but it was the best one I could find to get the point across)?

Any of you guys know or can you take a close up pic of this catch and post a pic?

Posting the same question in the 55 section looking for a close up pic of the 55 also.

If one of the LV owners could post a pic ASAP of that catch on the LV I would sure appreciate it :) Going to take a look tonight again to see if I can find it, would help to know what I'm looking for?

Thanks, Matt
52777583.jpg

Last edited:

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!

Sorry, I got excited and bought a drill press last night. No worries though, I got up at the sparrow's fart and here are the pics:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!

The blue painted ones are the FJ45. The other set is from a '73 FJ55. The only difference I can see is the FJ55 spacer is slightly thicker and the screws are longer. Grab some new plates from foxfab (round off the back corner) and I'll ship you a set of the latches. If anyone else has some latches off a piggy, let me know. I am going to need a set after I send mine to Matt. I know he needs them sooner than I will for sure :D

I got piggy latches off a '76 you can have for the price of the ride.

Steve

treerootCO said:
The blue painted ones are the FJ45. The other set is from a '73 FJ55. The only difference I can see is the FJ55 spacer is slightly thicker and the screws are longer. Grab some new plates from foxfab (round off the back corner) and I'll ship you a set of the latches. If anyone else has some latches off a piggy, let me know. I am going to need a set after I send mine to Matt. I know he needs them sooner than I will for sure :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom