Tailgate Carpet Removal....? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've looked everywhere. Anyone have pics of how/where to remove it without pulling off the backing and killing it?
I'm replacing with ABS plastic sheet but want to keep the carpet if I don't like the plastic at a later time.

OTOH I have the small 2nd row seat w/ seatbelt, front bumper plastic with fog lights, free if anyone is interested local or pickup..

Opinions on custom bumper/bashbar? I can weld. I sourced metal i-beams and stuff.
Metal tabs bolt where oem metal bumper was. Weld i-beam on front. Run over bushes without worry out camping?
I see these brush guards and people get in accidents and the guards do more damage to the vehicle on them than if it didnt have one, which is why I want to make my own. I can predrill holes all over the thing for mounts for winch/lights and always take it off with it being welded to the tabs and bolted to frame instead of welding to the frame.
My shocks are at 50k and feel a little spongy so I'll be upgrading those anyways, all around.

thanks mudders yall the best

It's all held in my push in clips, they will all breakaway from the cardboard backing so nothing you can do about that, maybe try to pry up near the clip slowly and minimize the breakage, i used glue after to hold it in place.

Easy stuff—use those plastic trim popping tools you can get at any Harbor Freight or auto parts store. They place the force at the clip so you don't go tearing up the cardboard backing.

TrekBoxx sells an incredible tailgate cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom