tailgate bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got some nylon bushings for the tailgate from Marv at SOR. Was interested in making some new ones with these as the template. Anyone got the tools to make this happen? :hmm: We can use the ones I have as the template.

Which tailgate bushings?

tailgater

the ones that the gate lifts up and down on. Mine is miss aligning when I go to slam it up and shut. When it miss aligns it jamms open. It seems that I can jimmy the whole gate foward and aft when it's open. kind of like the door hinges, when they wobble up and down. That make sense?

Need a picture, probably will want to buy the ones you make...:)

Believe it or not OSH Hardware has an extensive selection of bushing plastic and brass . I found the exact replacements for my 55 door hinges and tailgate at about $1.00 ea

Believe it or not OSH Hardware has an extensive selection of bushing plastic and brass . I found the exact replacements for my 55 door hinges and tailgate at about $1.00 ea

Once again... spill the beans... you can't just go saying something like that without a bloody picture..... :bounce2::)

Last edited:
Ok I have a spare pair of hinges...whoops I mean ah ..I know a guy and I'm going to re-build the hinges for a spare pair . I will take step by step photos and post them this weekend.FYI don't through out you old hinges!! The are fully rebuild able and if done correctly are better than stock.

Which tailgate bushings?

Yes, please!
Still not exactly sure where these go, as I did not think the hinges were serviceable?

could this hinge at the bottom of the tailgate be the one the original poster is thinking of?
P3210007.jpg
P3210008.jpg

Ok I have a spare pair of hinges...whoops I mean ah ..I know a guy and I'm going to re-build the hinges for a spare pair . I will take step by step photos and post them this weekend.FYI don't through out you old hinges!! The are fully rebuild able and if done correctly are better than stock.

door hinges? there was a thread or two about rebuilding them a year or two ago. even included parts #'s for Napa.

yea

sorry about not getting out those pictures. i'll shoot some tomorrow. Yea I think that that is the female part of the hinge. Basically when you lift the tailgate up it is the hinge that the whole gate moves on.

Part Number? Link?

Ah, I don't think I've ever seen one of those before...

only issue is getting the screws to come loose.

Well, sure, there is that...i always use an impact driver on those. after a good soaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom