Tail Pipe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just FYI Walker exhaust products sells a replacement tail pipe that replaces from the muffler back for 1985F J60. It has a welded on hanger for the factory rear hanger location. Part number 46678 and the best part it is under $40 free shipping on Amazon prime or Ebay. If this is already posted I apologize, I did a search and this did not show up.

I bought one and ended up sticking it in the trash, very poor quality and all the bends were kinked. I ended up having a local shop make one and it is much nicer.

IMG_20200626_175719.jpg

I bought one. Hasn’t arrived yet. Suddenly not looking forward to it. Will update.

I agree there are kinks in all the bends. The machine used to bend this pipe uses a half shoe mandrel for high production. Local shops tend to have full shoe mandrels that make nicer bends. Since my fire breathing 2F will not know the difference I can live with it for the price. I added some pictures for reference. If in the future I do some head work to get more flow I would probably have shop build a custom pipe with larger tube as well. I did do a test fit and it does fit really good and goes straight out the back.
IMG_1968.jpg
IMG_1969.jpg
IMG_1970.jpg

I have the Walker tailpipe installed and it has done fine; perhaps a better quality one as it has been at least four years.

Prior to installing I coated the interior and exterior with POR-15. With the saltbrine the DOT IDiots put down, it has needed some touchup, lately I've used hi-temp caliper paint inna rattle can. The muffler is a whole 'nother can-o-worms.

Back when I needed a new CAT back exhaust I looked around at my options and I did buy a walker tailpipe for maybe $20 off rockauto. But the matching muffler was NLA at the time. I ended being able to get the OEM muffler and pipe from my local dealer. It was about $300 iirc but fits properly and I figured since the first one looked to be OEM I was probably good for a while.

I have an aluminum muffler from thrush I believe. It came with a cat back kit I picked up from Man-A-Fre. That tail pipe exits out the side behind the rear drivers wheel. It’s not stainless so I don’t expect it to last 30 years, but it shouldn’t get pinched on inclines on the trail like the OEM style tends to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom