Tail Light Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought an 84 FJ60 and realized this morning the tail lights are not working. Fuses are fine, checked the bulbs and connections. The turn signals and brake lights work just no tail lights when when I turn on the headlights. Anybody who may have an idea about what may be the problem I would really appreciate it :)

Yer gonna read this over & over here - buy the Factory Service Manuals & study them! Evidently birfield.com has them online, but hard to hold the laptop close to the truck.

My practice with lots of different cars over the last 20 years or so is to copy the pages I'm going to use & put them on a clipboard. That way I can write all over 'em & get 'em greasy & not wreck the manual.

When you get further into the electricals, you'll discover Toyota often switches the ground, not the hot. Could be why their switches withstand over 20 years of constant use.

Check the wires in the rear where they go from the fender across the back of the truck to the other side. I had a broken wire there that caused the same problem.

Chris

Since you just bought the cruiser, check to make sure the P.O. had in dual filament bulbs. I know you said you checked the bulbs already, but double check to make sure they are the right ones in additon to not being burned out. Realistically it sounds like a bad ground. Do your dash lights work when you turn the head lights on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom