tacoma2002's SAS Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After much anticipation (and parts collection) I'm now ready to begin a build thread here for my ride. I've had the truck since 2004 and it has undergone many phases in its time. It started with a Corn Fed spacer lift (some of you will get a chuckle if you remember that guy) and AAL with 285's....history shows this was just enough to really get me into the offroad scene.
cornfed.png

TTORA TakeOver 2009
takeover.png

takeover 2.png

After that I started buying armor, building bumpers, buying coilovers etc etc. You could say I was hooked ;).

bumper.png

comparison.png

This vehicle was my DD for years (135k miles) so I had to keep it as street friendly as possible. I went back to stock wheels with 285 KM2's, Fabtech 2.0 coilovers, Custom front bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper and Ubolt flip. The truck daily drove and wheeled configured like this for several years.

delta dd.png

Fabtech.png

tube doors.png

FINALLY there came a time when this was no longer my primary means of transportation....that's when things got fun. First off was to make room for 35's by tubbing the firewall.
firewall tub.png

35s.png

Then we got some Steel wheels and suspension seats...

wheels.png

seats.png

Shortly there after some really COOL boxes started showing up at the shop!
dual boxes.png

goodies.png

DUAL CASES! Shout out to Brian at FROR/Diamond for his superior customer service and great crossmember!
cases assembled.png

FROR.png

interior cut.png

This is the "Last Known" picture of my truck on wheeling in its last configuration....bittersweet...

last wheeling.png

Now that's out of the way...on to the good stuff...anyone notice the 39.5" Irok in the background yet?

40's.png

Then....MORE REALLY COOL BOXES!

rockassault.png

ra1.png

Longfields....30 SPLINE!!!
30sp chromo.png

Thanks to Global Offroad and Pepe Palomo for hooking me up with the TG stuff! It's always a pleasant experience dealing with Pep's!

:popcorn:

Nice stroll down memory lane! Now get to work!!

Cool camo door panels man.

Should'a seen 'em when they were fresh!

The camo material will be the last piece of nostalgia to go away during the SAS project. The interior needs a lot of love...

Looking good!!

:popcorn::popcorn:

IMG_1995.JPG
IMG_1996.JPG
THIS is why we're upgrading. Last wheeling trip out got the best of my front diff (again).

With that being said. Let the cutting begin!!!!
IMG_1994.JPG
IMG_1998.JPG
IMG_1999.JPG
IMG_2001.JPG

IMG_2006.PNG

Kinda how my wife felt to see all this stuff removed....I feel your pain little shock tower...

Come on man, I know you have more pictars!!

You're right!

I got the frame all cleaned up and ready to box and weld off the engine mounts. I will be mounting the steering box and plating the frame next.
IMG_2009.JPG

I set my pinion angle and tacked the lower link mounts onto the axle housing as well.
IMG_2010.JPG

After some looking it appears that my front bumper will have to be totally rebuilt. When I originally built the bumper the plan was to use leaf springs and key off the front bumper crossmember with the leaf spring hanger.

My mood has shifted and I would now like to incorporate a winch into the front bumper. The bumper is 1/4" plate and its just going to be too heavy by the time I add a 9.5k winch. I'm trying to keep the coilover spring rates as light as possible for maximum ride quality and flex.

My goal is to have the steering box mounted and frame plates built and on this weekend. I plan to get a materials list together and pick up everything I need to build the steering shaft next week. Word on the street is there might be some hydro assist on this thing...

Word on the street is there might be some hydro assist on this thing...

With them 39.5's, I would hope you'd run some hydro assist... I feel like I need it with 37's...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom