Tacoma Surprise-TRD suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rutherfoto.com
Hey all,

I'm sitting up here in Western NY, with virtually no "Toyota Buddies", so I just had to blab about my awsome experience I just had with my 07 Taco.

So, if some of you don't know, I traded in the 100 series for a 07 Taco. Quad cab-SR5, pretty standard deal. The tranny was going in the 100 series, and I drive about 50mi per day, so gas was also an issue.

Three weeks ago, I went to the local Toyota dealership to buy oil, and some other misc. things. While in the service department, I started chatting with one of the head service writers. I was telling him that I loved the Taco, except for it's inability to handle any payload. I described how shocked I was that with just 200lbs of photo gear, and a fiberglass cap, the truck would bottom out on large bumps! I also described how it rode more like a caddy than a pick up truck!

Low and behold, there was actually a recall on the 06-07 4x4 Taco suspension! AND, my vin # was in the range that was affected. Nice. He then proceed to tell me that Toyota is fixing the problem by upgrading all the SR5 trucks with the weak suspension to full TRD off-road suspension! Very Nice. It seems the regular SR5 suspension only had 3 leafs in the pack, where the TRD has 4. While they were at it, they also added the bilstein shocks, and new front coils.

Anyway, I am amazed at how different the truck rides now. It handles large bumps better, and can obviously handle my extra cargo now. Very, very nice.

Lastly, the dealership up here in Rochester NY is AMAZING. Not only did they expedite my suspension swap, but they also replaced my rear bumper when I pointed out 2 small rust spot as well as my whole rear tail light assembly, which was loose because the gents that installed my tow hitch (not from Toyota) broke the assembly mounts when they pulled the wiring harness down.

* If anyone as an 06-07 Taco 4x4 (non TRD), then call Toyota and get some free suspension"

I hope everyone is well!!

JR

:cheers:

Last edited:
My buddy who works for Toyota was telling me he did this recall. I am trying to get him to nab the springs for me. They might be good for a trail rig if they flex well.

nice, I'm in Rochester from time to time for work. In fact I was there last week. Next trip out I'll try and remember to let you know. But don't expect the LC to be there unless it's during winter as it's a 7 hour drive.

Glad to hear another good toy story! Which dealership did you go to, Dorschel? I had a good experience with them when I got the 60 aligned which by the way rolled over 220k the other day.

Glad to hear another good toy story! Which dealership did you go to, Dorschel? I had a good experience with them when I got the 60 aligned which by the way rolled over 220k the other day.

Nice man!

It was actually Hozelton, where I bought truck from....

nice, I'm in Rochester from time to time for work. In fact I was there last week. Next trip out I'll try and remember to let you know. But don't expect the LC to be there unless it's during winter as it's a 7 hour drive.

Sweet...shoot me a line anytime! There are actually some pretty decent restaurants, bars here in Rochester...if ya need a "guide" next time your up, let me know!

JR

wow don't you love when that happens pays to shoot the s*** some times:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom