1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tacoma steelies on fzj80

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Dusty, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Dusty

Dusty

I searched and there is much comment on tundra steelies being used. There is question and comments on use of tacoma 16x7 steelies but no one fessed up to actually using them. anyone using late model tacoma steelies? They are way cheap and I have procured a pair free and will find another pair if they work.
    thanks

2. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

I've been using the Tundra 16X7 steelies for years as winter rims on my 93, then switched them to the 97's winter use. Will be getting a set for the 93 also soon. Work fine, can't use any center caps if cosmetics are an issue, and they're going to narrow your track by an inch or so. No driveability issues at all, but I run narrower 265's in winter and there may be issues with wider tires.

DougM

PS - your title asks about Tacoma wheels, but text is about Tundra??

3. Dusty

Dusty

thanks reply sir

I have tacoma 16 tacoma rims. backspaceing looks to be 4.25 like the tacoma. I will see if I can get another pair

4. BROKEROB1

BROKEROB1 SILVER Star

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">