tacoma guys i need a pic of your trailer hitch

Discussion in '05+ Tacoma, T100, Highlander' started by lx450landcruiser, Aug 14, 2005.

1. lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser Moderator

like it says got a buddy who wants a rear bumper buit i need a pic of a rear hitch and its mounting points. his truck is a 98 if theres any difference.

thanks
    mike

2. kemasa

kemasa

It is a bit dark to take a picture right now, but I have a 95 with a Drawtight hitch. It mounts to the same holes as the bumper. I am not sure if the 98 is the same. I can try to take a picture tomorrow, but I think it will be hard to see.

3. kemasa

kemasa

Here are the pictures of my 95 Tacoma with an aftermarket Drawtight hitch. Hope this helps.
    tlc_032b.jpg tlc_033b.jpg

4. lx450landcruiser

lx450landcruiser Moderator

thanks man that helps alot

mike

5. kemasa

kemasa

You are welcome. That was from the passenger side. The hitch just fits under the normal bumper mounts. I forget is there is a spacer on the bumper side, but it was easy to install, although interesting since I did it without any help and hold up the hitch and putting the bolt in was fun.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

6. Lockd97

Lockd97

the 98 and later frames are different than the 951/2-97. Main reason is the 98+ have longer springs and further back shackle mounting points. :beer:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.