Tacoma Fuel Economy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got 22-23 mpg in my Tacoma when I first got it. Then the fuel was changed to the 10% ethanol blend and I've been at 16-17mpg ever since. If I can find the ethanol free fuel, I run that and get about 19-20mpgs. My Bullbar, solarpanels, roof rack and awning probably aren't helping my mpgs that much.

That said, if you really are concerned about MPGs, get a Honda Civic, drive that as your daily and save the Tacoma for the weekend.

I got 22-23 mpg in my Tacoma when I first got it. Then the fuel was changed to the 10% ethanol blend and I've been at 16-17mpg ever since. If I can find the ethanol free fuel, I run that and get about 19-20mpgs. My Bullbar, solarpanels, roof rack and awning probably aren't helping my mpgs that much.

That said, if you really are concerned about MPGs, get a Honda Civic, drive that as your daily and save the Tacoma for the weekend.
My 79 Series Ute will get the weekend duty while the Tacoma will be the daily driver. Thanks for the info.

08, 4.0, 180k, 6spd, 3" lift, 4.56 gears, 35s, bumpers, sliders. I average 19 to 20 mpg. Mostly do highway as my dd 3 hours a day.

Totally stock 05 with 4.0 right down to the street tires. I've owned it for 4 months. My best tanks are 18.5'ish with a mix of town and 70 mph hwy. I did manage 19.5 once on a mostly 55 mph and minus day scouting for turkey spots.

Butt

Mine.'...14 w 6 sp MT........

18-19 mpg at best

I quit checking & just drive it

w8tkwR8.jpg

2012 reg cab base 2.7 auto, stock 3.58 rear wheel drive, 31" tires
18-20 mpg mix of dirt roads and two lane travel.
IMG_0235.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom