Taco with headers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YMT

Threads
My 2001 with the 3.4 has JBA headers (added by PO), with a cat and stubby muffler and short exhaust pipe that ends just after the cab. O2 sensors are in place.

I get an occasional CEL for the exhaust when I'm dropping elevation and still in Drive gear (it won't if I downshift). I forget the P code offhand, but the message associated with the code is either a manifold leak, O2 sensor fault, or other exhaust.

I replaced the O2 sensors and it stopped for a couple days, then resumed (possibly a different driving/load variable). When cold, I used soapy water to check for leaks, and there weren't any. All welds look good and no bubbles from soapy water.

Are the 3.4 dependant on a certain backpressure? If so, could the headers be contributing, of just the hacked exhaust. I like the headers and plan to keep, and want the performance, but not the headache of CEL, so I'm looking into cat-back setups. Any suggestions? Think this will solve my issue?

Next time I get the CEL, I will add the wording on here

K&N filters have been notorious to foul up the MAF sensor. Clean the sensor and try a paper one next trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom