tab/thrust washer grooved, normal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
rebuilding the front end and ran into this last night. I am pretty sure this is not normal, what would cause this?
front axel rebuild 031a.jpg

That is where the outer bearing sits against the washer.

Jon
front axel rebuild 031a.jpg

ok, how about I just flip the washer over since the other side is good? Anyone done that before, any issues?

I tried to order one locally and the dealer is the only place they can be found, in 10-12 days.

Your bearing wasn't tight enough, allowing the race to spin against the thrust washer. I've never seen one that grooved, that's pretty bad... yeah you could get away with flipping it around, but file/grind the grooved side flat first, so the nut has a flat plane to rest up against.

10-12 days from a dealer? I'm sure CDan could do much better than that, or any of the other sponsors that advertise here, like CruiserOutfitters. hth...

...file/grind the grooved side flat first, so the nut has a flat plane to rest up against.

10-12 days from a dealer? I'm sure CDan could do much better than that, or any of the other sponsors that advertise here, like CruiserOutfitters. hth...

I'll definately file it smooth.

Thats what the man said, 10-12 days. I know I can get one from CDan or Kurt but if I can reuse mine by flipping it around without any issues I will do that. Not trying to be cheap, but don't want my junk apart for two weeks waiting for something I can reuse.

Thanks nakman.

Jon

You will fix it all if you are rebuilding in the first place, just make sure bearing is tight minus 90 degrees then hand tight. . Manfre should get that to you faster than the dealer I would bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom