t350/ lc transfer question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search but unable to find a clear answer...
Does a turbo 350 with AA and a 19 spline yota transfer case have a clearance issue with the front yoke touching the trans oil pan?:confused: The yokes are the larger fj60 ones. Cruiser will be sprung over, 5.3 LS1 motor mocked up and trying to figure out t350 or toy 4 speed...Thanks for any help!
DSC00989 (Small).JPG

Yes, I have interferance issues. BUT mine is the older 1 1/2" plate adapter. The longer adapter MAY move it far enough to clear.

check with www.downeyoff-road.com they make a special u-joint/drive shaft yoke for this problem. it may be what you need and i have heard about others modifying the pan to clear it. i dont know, i have not gone auto but iam thinking about it.

lone gunman said:
check with www.downeyoff-road.com they make a special u-joint/drive shaft yoke for this problem. it may be what you need and i have heard about others modifying the pan to clear it. i dont know, i have not gone auto but iam thinking about it.

Yes there is a kit for this problem, but it is a pain to install, I had to take it a local driveshaft place and they didn't have the right tools for that ancient toyota crap, so it ended up getting shipped somewhere and finally got it fixed.

But that modifying that is mentioned is also known as taking a hammer to the pan, that's the way mine was.

my64fj40

Now hold on.... I don't think He's asking about a plate adapter. Don't scare him off!
I have a 350/TH350 to an early 3 speed xfercase (same thing - smaller yolk though) using the AA adapter. There is no clearance problem with the smaller 3 speed yolks/u-joints.

Try calling AA. I'm sure they will tell you about any clearance issues with your particular setup, I hear they are pretty knowledgable.
PMK

If your set up is like mine--a 5 inch or so long adapter--it will clear fine.

Thanks for all the leads, I ordered the AA transfer kit but it is the shorter 1 1/2 version, the longer seems not as easy to find, I also got the AA small fine spline front output flange Yoke setup, I dont have my old driveshafts anymore so I couldnt use the small flange setup...

The place I ordered my AA parts through is called www.rockbuggysupply.com, I spoke with Scott, they have AA parts available but at below list prices, I saved :grinpimp: almost 300 dollars ordering through them, Just tell them you want the Pirate Sale and they will honor the lower prices...

Anyone Cruiserheads around Indio,CA ? :confused:
The mail order feels like x-mas for my fj...:cheers:

whos wiring and computer you going to use?

whos adapter for the engine to trans for the flex?

I am winging it on the flexplate to converter , but I have found some part numbers for gm factory parts to use an ls1 motor to existing transmissions in case i run into any issues. The reason I say this is because the flywheel on my motor has an offset. The flexplates with offset or flat depend on your year and model engine. Read the second link to help find out what you have and why. Here are the parts and part numbers. Do searching on your paticular motor.

read these
www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347318&highlight=12563532
www.babcox.com/editorial/ar/eb20421.htm

12563532 LS1 Flexplate Spacer
flat flexplate (PN 12551367)
(PN 12563533) bolts.

BTW the spacer is after the flexplate, so it goes motor-flexplate-spacer-Torque converter, the job of the spacer is to support and center the converter hub to the crankshaft. The flywheel on my 5.3 LS1 needs to have the bolt holes elongated for the stock t350 converter, i am going to order the spacer and get to grinding.

Gmpartsdirect.com or your local dealer should be able to order this stuff for you, I guess chevy figured that the LS1 Family of motors would be popular for swaps.

The Harness I have is a modified stock harness from a guy out of CA but hes no longer around, I dont like how he loomed the harness so I will probably slice it open and reloom it , and while Im in their I might make a schematic of what is used and ditched while making a stand alone setup. I have another harness for the 5.3 but it was cut very close to engine and might not be salvagable.
The ecm I have is a stock unit from the truck the motor came from , I think it was reflashed but not sure. I have some friends at www.Race-Prep.com in SoCAL that have LS1 ecm/writing tuning abilitys and a full in house Dyno with Wide band O2 sensors so I plan to get it to them after I am done with the install and drivetrain work.

Good luck on your swap! I will try to make a site of my buildup and any problem areas.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom