T&E of George's LED Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G-Cat

SILVER Star
Threads
I won a pair of George's LED lights here on MUD and found the five minutes needed to install them a few nights ago.

A quick T&E of the new lights and I am VERY impressed. Our '97 is my wifes DD and the only vehicle that will fit our family of 5 (#5 due in 3.5 weeks!) Anyway, I have a 3-year-old, an 18-month old and the new baby due any day. Loading and unloading 3 car seats is hard enough in broad daylight, but add night-time into the mix and it becomes that much more of a chore. These lights will make that task MUCH easier for us and the tribe! Thanks, George and Woody for the monthly drawings!

-Garth1

Garth - congrats ahead of time on the new arrival. I agree on the LED's. George did a super job with them. The only thing he forgot in the instructions was to remind folks like me that the bulb we are taking out may be hot :whoops: :D

Don't know if you did all the lights in the truck or not, but between the doors, domes and maplight, I'm real happy with them.

Dude, you don't need lights, you need a condom ;) (start Monty Python "...that's because we're Protestant...")

Now back on topic - I keep forgetting to order these - there're such a good idea, especially if you've managed to leave the lights on and run down the battery overnight.

Cheers, Hugh (also in the process of building a family of 5) 8)

Three kids is the limit...I just want them all out of the house before I have to retire!! :D

I only have the two dome lights in, but plan to do the rest of the truck in the future. Of course, I'm also the gink with diff-locks, 33s, ARB rack & bumper, winch and....THE STOCK FREEKING SUSPENSION! :doh:

That's mostly due to the fact that the family of four could hit the trails in the 40...guess that's all about to change!!

Garth1

I have had the domes since he first designed them and they rock.

I REALLY need a maplight. I have a bad habit of leaving it on after I get done looking for my wallet and have killed my truck multiple times.

I keep my jump starter right next to the truck on a shelf now hehe :slap:

I have changed all the interior lights over to GC's LED lights. The two dome lights and the map light are brighter than stock, yet will not drain down the battery if left on overnight - usually caused by the doors not closed properly. The door LEDs are also great - but I believe GC stopped making them. You can use the 6-LED 194 bulbs to reduce the power drain, but the light output is too focused.

John

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=11043;start=msg99799#msg99799 date=1076002374]
FYI, GC runs the 80's list. GS sells the LED's. :D
[/quote]

:-[ I've never met GC but hung out with GS while I was in SJ for business :whoops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom