T-Case Yoke Etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Knockemstiff, OH --- Only State round on both sid
Hey all, I took the cruiser to have the T-case gasket replaced for the rear.

It was throwing oil on the exhaust, got fed up with it. Mechanic says there is something a lot worse going on. I know the oil has some metalic flakes in it. I changed the fluid last fall. I never found any thing chunk like though. 4X4 works beautifully. I know it has been leaking for a little while and I have been pretty cautious with the gear oil level.
Mechanic says yoke is going too.... Where is the best place to get the yoke and seal? Cruiser Parts is closed today... And should I be seriously worried about a T-Case fail (i.e. bearings/gears blowing up?)
thanks
baumber 87 fj60

baumber,

I am not sure I understand your post.

Is the t-case flange grooved? If so, it will leak with a new seal, however, that should not put metal flakes in your t-case!

Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters can sell you new flanges for your t-case, but you might need a t-case rebuild...

Need new T-case

Just spoke with mechanic on site. He showed me some chunks he found on the seal.....

$%&%#!

Needs a rebuild or different T-Case. :crybaby:

PabloCruise said:
Rebuild is not too bad.

Is your mechanic skilled with Toyotas and Cruisers? I would seek those kind of mechanics.

If you find a different case, I bet FJBen on this board would be interested in your old one...

Pablo, no he doesn't know them well enough for me to send him in to rebuild.
I looked at the member list and couldn't find FJBen...
Will look harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom