t-case savers! fj40,45 and 55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
i have been contacted by numerous members on here and have made a few one-offs for some guys on here. don aka "REDDOG" had the original idea for this simple yet very effective part to keep the transfer case fromt cracking under heavy loads. the design has been copied and updated numerous times by many different vendors and individuals, some better than others. so this version is my spin on don's original idea and i've decided to run a batch since he has not sold them in at least a couple of years now and poser on here is out of them as well.

these will work on any fj40, 45 and 55 with the one piece 3spd or 4spd t-case and can be installed fairly easily with the t-case in or out of the vehicle. no special tools required, no drilling, tapping or removal of the transfer case is required. will not interfere with any of the shift linkage, cross members ( oem or aftermarket ) or breathers. i highly advise the use of blue or green locktite on all the threads to prevent the screws from loosening. kit comes with longer than OEM grade 8 bolts to prevent the possibility of stripping the threads in the stock aluminum case. also includes a set of grade 8 lock washers and flat washers.

$40 including shipping for mud members in the USA; international shipping is a little more. feel free to ask any questions you might have!

and if you have a minute, please check out this thread:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj45-owner...ky-could-really-use-our-help.html#post3291969

any help would be greatly appreciated! :beer:
IM000290.JPG

Last edited:
i need to get one of your saginaw steering plates

bump....really nice product at a great price. Think of it as the cheapest possible t-case insurance you can buy!!!!!

Georg,
Put one on the shelf for me. Definitely need one for my project.

I dropped your axle housing off this afternoon. Don't mind the brown primer:flipoff2:

Georg,
Put one on the shelf for me. Definitely need one for my project.

I dropped your axle housing off this afternoon. Don't mind the brown primer:flipoff2:

hey john.
will do! i got the axle housing, thanks for dropping it off. i'll have a set of 411s set aside for you as well.
georg

You've got PM:cheers:

Georg, I am in for a transfer case saver. Save me one. I will get another check off to you, Kelly.

any more left for a 40 i want one!

Georg, put me in for one if you have 'em. I don't want to take any chances with the 350 even though I've got the granny 1st gear. Can you ship it to Labs?

Georg, put me in for one if you have 'em. I don't want to take any chances with the 350 even though I've got the granny 1st gear. Can you ship it to Labs?

you bet. pm me your info and we'll get it set up.

thnaks a lot! :)

georg

sent out about ten of them yesterday, thanks for the support guys! :beer:

I have to jump back in here because Reddog's posts about these transfer case savers are spiraling out of control. This is suppose to be tech or merchandise sales, not posts about non-patent infringement.

Georg makes a good product at a fair price....clearly he is not overcharging and ripping the forum off. I call BS on reddog's claims and BS on his attempts to slam Georg's reputation. The facts just don't add up!!!!

Late last summer (2007!!!) I searched hard for t-case savers. After doing a search I called Steve (Poser) and not only was he out of them, but didn't have the time to make any more up. I looked at Marlin's products, JT outfitters...and I asked around. I was led to Georg.

I wish I had my outbox saved because this is in essence what Georg told me......Vtcruiser60...thanks for your interest. I would like to make up some savers but a guy in my club also makes them. Let me check with him first before making them up......then 2-3 weeks later....Vtcruiser60....I tried to get a hold of my friend but I couldn't get a reply. Let's go ahead with the tcase saver. I sent Georg $50.....probably the most ever spent on a t-case saver....note...his price has come down.

George fabbed up several and sent me the stouter of the series. He indicated he had plans to modify the design with greater improvements.

I have never met Georg and only exchanged a dozen or so emails about various parts and tech. I trust what he says. I also suspect this guy reddog honestly feels jaded, but given my clarification above he should try forgiveness instead of hate. My recollection and experience coincides with Georg's posts entirely.

For those following......if you want a professionally made t-case saver or any LC product...contact Georg. You don't contribute more than 4500 posts on this forum and run your own LC business by being unprofessional.

thanks guys, glad you're happy with the product! :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom