T case linkage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes I have a 70 fj 40 that had the vacuum system pitched that sh*t.I think I have all the parts to put in the shift linkage,but I can't figure out how it works unless I'm missing somthing

Parts I have
New cone
stock 3 speed tcase linkage and side linkage with fork installed

Does anyone have pics of how it should be and the measurements of where to cut the hole in the tunnel so I don't cut one bigger than I need
Thanks pi**ed off and confused :D

You wouldn't happen to still have that Vacuum switch would you? I stripped the threads in mine and need to replace it. I'm not at the point of wanting a manual lever yet, kinda keepin to the romantic restoration bit for now. If you haven't sent it to the dump yet, I sure could use it.

-Travis

Here ya go.

coolfj40_1778_353905384

[quote author=Travis_Kinney link=board=1;threadid=10718;start=msg96364#msg96364 date=1075312311]
You wouldn't happen to still have that Vacuum switch would you? I stripped the threads in mine and need to replace it. I'm not at the point of wanting a manual lever yet, kinda keepin to the romantic restoration bit for now. If you haven't sent it to the dump yet, I sure could use it.

-Travis
[/quote]

I have a complete vacuum shift assembly I pulled from my 1968 FJ-40 when I converted it to floor shift. Let me know if you are interested in it. I am in Tucson.

I also have a complete vacume set up off a 69, I just yanked it all last night to make room for the atlas. Im in N cal

[quote author=joe cabela link=board=1;threadid=10718;start=msg97153#msg97153 date=1075514887]
I also have a complete vacume set up off a 69, I just yanked it all last night to make room for the atlas. Im in N cal
[/quote]

Arn't you building a D60 front? How is that going?

Do any of you guys with older FJ40's have column shifter parts you yanked out and don't want? I'd love to get my hands on a set so that I can clean them up replace mine. I think I'm all set with the vacuum shifter, getting one from Paul Fantry in MT. But if anyone has one they're willing to get rid of for the cost of postage only, I'll take it. I wouldn't mind becoming a source for some of the older fj40 parts for people who want to restore rather than replace. I just hate to see the stuff get thrown out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom