T-Case is in, Hubs are Locked....and...?? What??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TJDIV

UP of MI.
Threads
Website
www.roamwherever.com
Wierd, today when we tooled around in the Mud [which I h8] the front end didnt' seem to be engaged the first time I got stuck.

It was in 4LO, Hubs were engaged, even driven for 40 feet or so.....and it sunk into a clay hole.....with the front turning I would've crawled right out.

It ended up engaging just fine as soon as I was pulled out....

Why?

Warn hubs at least use a spring to push the engagement cog into the splines on the birfield shaft. If something caused one of the cogs to hang up, the differentiation in the front axle will prevent any motive power to the front wheels.

Once the front cog engaged - Viola! 4 Wheel Drive Restored!

With the Warns that came with originally with mine - It sure seemed like I was engaging them, but a bent axle housing was misaligning the birfield shaft, and preventing the right front hub from being able to engage, and I had no 4 wheel drive.

Your problem is probably not so serious - maybe too much grease in the hub, or some misalignment (wheels turned sharply?) that kept the cog from engaging temporarily?

Just a guess....

Rocky

Yeah I agree with Rocky, I had that problem once. Had to disassemble hubs and clean out the old, hard grease. Zero problems since.
-Duane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom