T-Boned and not a steak! Any recommendations? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had the unfortunate experience last night of getting T-boned going through an intersections. Other driver was hauling as they ran the red light so all in all, just grateful the LC was a beast and absorbed the brunt. That said, she looks bad. Anyone dealt with this? The other driver is at fault, so I'll be working with their insurance. My concern is really getting my value out of it. It's a 2020 and had just at 20k miles on it, so the value for it is high right now. Unless anyone has a great replacement.....

Sad day.

View attachment 3335748
The other day, a kitten sunck under the car for a nap and did not rouse at ignition. Found lifeless and covered in bugs upon return. I have the same feeling looking at this picture. They're the same picture. (did not take in for repairs, but this might be different)

Geico is going to lowball the F out of you. Its how all insurance companies stay in business'. You will have to invoke your appraisal clause and have your own estimate done. Sadly. HOWVEVER there is great company that goes by Collision Safety Consultants. Flat rate of $400 and he will beat the insurance up. Routinely the guy get 2g+ over what insurance estimates. I have seen 30-40g. Collision Safety Consultants - https://www.facebook.com/CollisionConsultants

Just in case anyone if following along at home, Geico just came back with a $4800 estimate to repair......

I'm still trying to find a place to take it, got a couple reviewing the pictures and estimate. We shall see.....

Oh, and just for fun, Geico also told me the rental isn't forever, it's only 17 days.... Crazy stuff

It sounds like you should go through your own ins co if permitted in your state. If they come in at under $5K to start, it's just not worth talking to them. That's just my two cents. I'm sorry you're going through this. You deserve a pristine, low miles, OEM parts only LC when it's all said and done. Good luck.

Just in case anyone if following along at home, Geico just came back with a $4800 estimate to repair......

I'm still trying to find a place to take it, got a couple reviewing the pictures and estimate. We shall see.....

Oh, and just for fun, Geico also told me the rental isn't forever, it's only 17 days.... Crazy stuff
If that's the estimate based on the pictures you provided, I would expect that number to rise significantly. Geico came back to me with an estimate of $2,600 and we're now up to $11.500 and not done yet.

Yeah I'd be shocked if that estimate didn't rise significantly.

It sounds like you should go through your own ins co if permitted in your state. If they come in at under $5K to start, it's just not worth talking to them. That's just my two cents. I'm sorry you're going through this. You deserve a pristine, low miles, OEM parts only LC when it's all said and done. Good luck.
I did call my company, I already had a claim started so we shall see. Heck, deminshed value is close to 10k and they only had 50k in coverage.
If that's the estimate based on the pictures you provided, I would expect that number to rise significantly. Geico came back to me with an estimate of $2,600 and we're now up to $11.500 and not done yet.
I told the guy straight that I was concerned with his estimate. I highly doubt I could get the suspension work done for 4800 alone.

I’ve got a guy looking over the estimate and pictures to see if he might be able to handle the work. We shall see.

Been there, done this and have the t-shirt. Go thru your insurance, that is what you pay them for. You will get a better return than the other persons insurance who will lowball the value. Sorry you have to go thru this but glad you are ok.

I see all doors needing to be replaced, painted, then blended. Thats the whole dang side of your cruiser, ontop or a new front bumper, the sensors, hood alignment. A piller repainting. Alignment, atleast one tie rod, UCA, lower control arm, CV axle, wheel. probably that passenger headlight as well since a tab will br broken, sure they will want to plastic weld it. Then everything under that fender. Your inner fender, with paint. $4800 is not enough for paint. LOL Im going to say MINIMUM $14,500 using OEM parts. I wish you good luck man

Just in case anyone is interested….

Car was towed this week to Hendrick Luxury collision. We shall see. They were so excited to see me and express how much their rates have gone up and try to say what insurance won’t cover I will have to. Really set a great tone!

Here’s hoping. At least she is in a parking lot now…..

So in case anyone was curious what the state of my LC was/is.... here goes.

It's now March and it's still at the collision center. It's got a bent frame so waiting for a new frame. The list/cost is insane but I'm having trouble getting it totalled. Add to that if it gets a new frame and rebuilt (to quote the collision center, "good as new") the deprecation is through the roof. Not to mention that back in May I could have sold it for more than I bought it for and now here 10 months later, I'm at the mercy of the insurance company.

Any pointers out there? I'm not sure how confident I'd be in keeping it, I"m not sure how confident I'd be in selling it (assuming I could find a buyer). Basically I feel like I'm just flat out of luck. Well as my Grandma used to say, if it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all......

So frustrated.

So in case anyone was curious what the state of my LC was/is.... here goes.

It's now March and it's still at the collision center. It's got a bent frame so waiting for a new frame. The list/cost is insane but I'm having trouble getting it totalled. Add to that if it gets a new frame and rebuilt (to quote the collision center, "good as new") the deprecation is through the roof. Not to mention that back in May I could have sold it for more than I bought it for and now here 10 months later, I'm at the mercy of the insurance company.

Any pointers out there? I'm not sure how confident I'd be in keeping it, I"m not sure how confident I'd be in selling it (assuming I could find a buyer). Basically I feel like I'm just flat out of luck. Well as my Grandma used to say, if it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all......

So frustrated.
This definitely sucks...just for my own curiosity. Has the insurance company been paying for a rental since last May? I mean just the amount of time without a vehicle you've gone at this point warrants them doing some other value exchange rather than fixing the LC. I really don't know anything about how this works, but maybe engaging your insurance company (assuming you aren't already, you probably are) or a lawyer may be in line.

This definitely sucks...just for my own curiosity. Has the insurance company been paying for a rental since last May? I mean just the amount of time without a vehicle you've gone at this point warrants them doing some other value exchange rather than fixing the LC. I really don't know anything about how this works, but maybe engaging your insurance company (assuming you aren't already, you probably are) or a lawyer may be in line.
The guy that hit me was Geico and underinsured for a LC so I had to switch to my underinsured policy which only had a 1 month rental. They say I can subrogate to reclaim my loss but that seems like a lost cause. And yes my Agent is involved. I’m trying to avoid a lawyer as that is just a further cost and delay, I think.

The guy that hit me was Geico and underinsured for a LC so I had to switch to my underinsured policy which only had a 1 month rental. They say I can subrogate to reclaim my loss but that seems like a lost cause. And yes my Agent is involved. I’m trying to avoid a lawyer as that is just a further cost and delay, I think.
That doubly sucks. I’ve never really considered underinsured. I just checked my state and the minimum requirements are only $25k in property damage. That wouldn’t even cover a Camry at this point, Nevermind any remotely nice vehicle. I checked my policy, luckily its considerably higher..

So taking a slightly new approach as the insurance is a cluster....

Was recommended to call Toyota on the parts delay and also ask why no airbags went off. Thought based on the damage and needing a new frame it was wroth asking. The Toyota rep was very kind and helpful, filed a couple of tickets, let's see where this goes... Maybe i'll have a car back before my 9 YO goes to college.... or my college kids get married....

"Good News", the collision center gave an update the new ETA for the frame is end of April/May..... Yes I used "" because I can't believe it until I see it. I'm still working with Insurance, collision, and Toyota NA....

My honest question to the crowd, what are your thoughts on a 2020 LC200 with 23k miles and a replaced frame? Concerning? Feel fine knowing it's OEM? Pause and maybe just roll the dice? Pause and see how much I can recoup and get a new truck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom