1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T-100 axle strength?

Discussion in '05+ Tacoma, T100, Highlander' started by Gumby, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

I'm thinking theres not a lot of reason to stick with the T axle under my truck. It's got a chebbie drivetrain and front axle. The rear toy just means I have to get a goofy d-shaft made and use two different kinds of lug nuts.

What would be the GM equivilent to a T-100 axle? D44? 12 Bolt? surely not D60.

Anybody wanna trade? Great full width axle for a mini or centered axle for a Cruiser.

There's a boneyard in town that just got a wrecked C-3500 dually. hmmmmm. dually T-100

2. dylan

dylan

is the tundra axle the same size (8")? it sure looks similar. if they are, it can hold up to some abuse

3. dinkleberry

dinkleberry

Probably closer to the D44, but if yer gonna do the swap, do the D60.

I like the dually idea!

4. trailcarnage

trailcarnage

The Tundra runs the same 8.25", 30-spline that a Tacoma runs. It is actually a sweet axle. I would take it over a D44. Plus you get a removable 3rd. Another plus is that you can shave the bottom of the housing to get some clearance and weld on it wherever you please. The only downfall is that locker selection is very limited...ARB, Powertrax, Aussie