System restarting while driving (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Feel like I have read this happening to some people, did a search but couldn’t find anything.

A couple times now on a long drive, I have had what seems like my whole electrical system restart while driving down the highway. Quite scary to say the least.

This last time I had radar cruise on and the whole system rebooted. Audio went out but then resumed as normal. I got a cruise control failure message that obviously kicked me out of cruise control, but was easily resumed with the usually procedure.

Any ideas? This has happened multiple times, once two times within ~30 minutes on the same drive. Seems to happen on the highway, but usually we drive this vehicle long distances.

My only idea is to investigate my battery extension terminals that have had problems well documented on here. My guess is a possible “blip” of bad grounding or something that is causing the problem. Oh, running an odyssey extreme battery for what its worth.

My only idea is to investigate my battery extension terminals that have had problems well documented on here. My guess is a possible “blip” of bad grounding or something that is causing the problem.
Sounds like a good place to start. Actual oem electrical problems are quite rare on these.

My ‘14 Tundra used to do this now and then. No pattern to it. Randomly. Sometimes twice on a short drive, as you indicated.

Then, the whole head unit went into glitch mode and was continually rebooting. Dealer said it needed a new head unit. Cost: $1,000 or something.

I solved it by disconnecting the battery, letting it sit for 10 minutes, and reconnecting it. It has been behaving perfectly ever since.

Good luck.

Ground or most likely a connector plug loose would be my guess.

I would also start looking for any water intrusion.

The only thing on mine that reboots is my head unit after I have used Siri a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom