Synthetic Engine Oil on older 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am running a rebuilt 2f in my 72 Fj-40 and was wondering if anyone recommends anything other than a good synthetic. I am know there are die hards for specific brands etc. Just curious what others are running and their experience.

Thanks I appreciate the tip. I would think Valvoline VR-1 racing oil would have that, I will do some research.

The cheapest, crappiest oil available now is orders of magnitude better than the best oils available when your motor was originally designed.

Get whatever is on sale a the local auto parts store.
It literally doesn't matter.
Though, get a bottle of ZDDP for cam longevity.

I am running a rebuilt 2f in my 72 Fj-40 and was wondering if anyone recommends anything other than a good synthetic. I am know there are die hards for specific brands etc. Just curious what others are running and their experience.

:worms:

FWIW - My engine builder suggested I run Valvoline VR1 20W50, so who am I to go against his recombination. My oil filter of choice, the Baldwin B2 or a JS Asakashi C101V.

I think your wasting your money on synthetic especially the high dollar stuff, its not a tight, cam on valve, high revving race engine. Its a tractor engine with pushrods, flat tappet lifters and generous oil clearances. I don't think you will see any actual difference between amsoil and orielly in a 2f. Your cash though and this is America.

I’m pouring either Shell Rotella or Chevron Delo in 15/40, I buy which ever is in stock at Costco. It’s usually about $19 for a 5 Gal jug. Full disclosure I’m still on the original power plant, not a freshly build motor.

I was told 15w30 was good to run in a 2F in Utah. But I could only find 15w30 for Diesel engines at Autozone? Is 15w30 only for diesel or do I need to look at other auto parts stores?

15/40 rotella diesel will be a good off the shelf oil. Add ZDDP, won't hurt. Take it a step further for the BP or joe gibbs syn blend GP-1. Those oils have all the "cancer" built in. Yummie!

I poured through threads and google and Talked to a mechanic as well as my gear head brother and decided on this.
👇🏼

237F0243-76AB-4ACB-8037-117118F41620.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom