Swivel seats - has anyone tried to install them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.polarsteps.com
So the title actually says it all. Has anyone attempted to fit swivel seats in their 70's series? Room seems limited...

Currently building my HZJ75 camper interior and was wondering if its possible to make the passenger seat swivel like in larger campers. Would be an comfy addition!

I'm fitting a Scheelmann aftermarket style seats to replace the uncomfortable 1.5x passenger bench. Won't have an armrest or console installed between the seats.

These kind of bases can be bought for campers - can't see why they wouldn't work. Ideas? Comments? Experiences?

J18042-0_3.jpg

SwivelSeat%20(7).jpg

I fitted one in a panel van once. It raised the seat height a little, the seat hits the door as it swivels so you need to open and close the door as you go round. Never use it

The narrowness of the Troopy might be an issue. You could always try making a ply base to spin your new seats on before fitting!

I will watch this for comments. Would be nice to have......

I mocked up a Seats R Us swivel base with my passenger seat just for kicks when building out a van a few months ago. Yeah, you have to open the door and do lots of slider moving to get it to work. It does make for more usable space though. Rodney, even more reason to do a more sport style seat that won't be too wide. I decided against it as a center console is just a necessity for me.

Some of the 79 series RV troopy’s came with swivel seats but I think went to the side only

I did some measuring and playing around with the passenger seat - hopeless :rofl: Conclusion: no swivelers

I doubt there is enough room between the other seat and the door as #6 confirms

I guess Im locked in the mindset of a bench passenger seat i the front of 75 series.

I did it in my HZJ78 with this swivel base because it was the lowest stack height I could find.

It was pretty difficult to fit because all the mounting points are in the same place as the swiveling locking bits. There was a lot of shared real estate and this was not an ideal candidate but I made it work. Bolt heads start to collide with everything when you turn the base. I had to some countersinking of bolts and grinding to make it work... It wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be but that’s probably due to the swivel plate I used.

1635828888628.jpeg

1635828856681.jpeg

I did it in my HZJ78 with this swivel base because it was the lowest stack height I could find.

It was pretty difficult to fit because all the mounting points are in the same place as the swiveling locking bits. There was a lot of shared real estate and this was not an ideal candidate but I made it work. Bolt heads start to collide with everything when you turn the base. I had to some countersinking of bolts and grinding to make it work... It wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be but that’s probably due to the swivel plate I used.

View attachment 2827856
Thank Ben @Buckow for sharing this info :) I am guessing you have used the OEM rails with this setup?

In my situation, I want to use those brackets TOYOTA - https://www.plantedtechnology.com/products/seat-brackets/toyota.html?seat_bracket_application=331
made for www.scheel-mann.com seats for the Troopy but absolutely need it a swivel set up...in order to maximize the space

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom