Switching from mineral to synthetic? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have always heard that you should stick with the same brand oil that has been run in a vehicle. I used to have an Isuzu trooper, when i switched from regular valvoline to synthetic, the engine would tick-tick-tick. Lifters i guess. I have used regular Valvoline non-syn oil since i've owned the cruiser (50,000 miles). Always been a fan of Valvoline, but wondering if it is o.k. to switch to full synthetic? Would it be beneficial or a waste of time? ???

We have beat the subject to death, do a search for the long threads on oil. The answer is that it is an old wives tale. You can switch between types of oils, brands, weights, etc., with no problems.

Cary

Concrete,

Do a search on M1 or syn oils. There have been numerous discussions on this recently. Eight posts, you must really be a newbie, must have missed your introduction. Welcome. :flipoff2:

Damn Cary, you're fast.

Concrete, meet Cary. He's one of our resident experts on oil. You could just do a search on posts from him and find all the threads your heard desires.

Jeeees, sorry! I did a search, but i could be here all day reading through all of those to get the answer i'm looking for. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :beer:

I guess i'll switch over to syn. And yes i'm a rookie learning more and more every day. :D

Concrete,

Did your Trooper have the 3.2L V6? It was known for clicking drivetrain noises - valve lash adjuster, I think.

Doug

I went to M1 at 210k mi. I tried 10w30 and 0w40 and they both would use excessive oil at high rpm's. Give it a try. If it sucks it go dino oil. I used Rotella after the 10w30 and had normal oil use theen I tried 0w40 and it sucked it.
I am trying Chevron per Cary.

CJ,

>> I did a search, but i could be here all day reading through all of those to get the answer i'm looking for. <<

You say that like it's a bad thing!????

Are you saying you'd rather have us reread the same replies over and over, rather than you taking a few minutes, doing a search, then spending whatever time it takes to get up to speed on your question and our typical answers.

Think about it. :slap:
-B-

Beo, why even explain it...just :slap: will suffice :cheers:

Idahodoug,
Yes, it had the 3.2. Smooth engine, actually the troop was a very capable truck.

Dan,
What is that pic under your name? Is that an air conditioning unit? :flipoff2: :cheers:

I know i could read all day, and no it's not always a bad thing, but it is when you are at work. Just wanted a simple yes or no whether it would f up something.

CJ,

OK, have it your way.

>> Would it be beneficial or a waste of time? <<

Yes.

-B-

That is a Superdome...we makes em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom