Switch wiring diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I’m working on an antenna switch. The one shown below. 5 wires that came from harness as shown. Does anyone know what each is for? Most importantly ground and 12v

72779575-8A3E-4D12-BE35-E6E7D1235033.jpeg
6F7654B4-92C2-4A74-BBBD-78FC3F3F8415.jpeg

Just use a multimeter. White/black can be assumed negative. It's from a 84-89 4runner. Pins 2-3 (the two red wires) both go to the positive.

antenna.PNG

Last edited:
You didn't specify a year, so here's one from a 1996.

View attachment 3150160

The switch that I have isn’t the typical one from a 97 Land Cruiser. I got it from another member and he wasn’t sure what it came out of. Probably a 4runner as stated below.

The switch has two red green wires, one white black, one green, and one green white. I’ve been looking through EWD’s this morning, and can’t find the appropriate switch or connector that has that wiring.
Just use a multimeter. White/black can be assumed negative. It's from a 85-90 4runner

Yes, that’s literally what I am doing now. Wow, I didn’t know that switch would be that old. Thank you for that.

Basically, I’m trying to wire this directly from the switch to the antenna.

61F2806B-4EFE-4C94-A9AC-DBA849FF61FE.jpeg
A713753E-20F3-4961-9E42-2CBA88CA8C7C.jpeg

My picture failed to attach. Edited
Using your attachment, I have verified that the switch is good. Any chance the remaining part of that EWD might have what each pin goes to?

Interesting this thread pops up. I purchased a hazard switch from a "TOYOTA 4RUNNER PICKUP TRUCK EMERGENCY FLASHER HAZARD LIGHT CONTROL SWITCH 89-95*" I wanted a dash switch to control a relay in the rear. The switch has 10 pin locations with 8 wires. I thought this would be a fairly easy project but haven't been able to find wire diagrams for this switch on google. I'm looking to keep this simple with switch function and switch light hopefully on when depressed.

I agree. Probably came from either a 4Runner or Camry.

I'd say that the White / Black ground, Red / Green 12v, the other Red / ( can't see the color ) is back light for the switch ?
and the two light green is the antenna motor.
You should be able to test this with a test light or a DVM.

So, for the next person who tries this, pin, two and three red wires, go to positive.
Pin six, black and white goes to negative.
Pin five goes to the blue red on a antenna.
Pin seven, green, goes to the black yellow on antenna

Glad you got it sorted. Mud community is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom