Switch to kill int. lights/warnings for camping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When camping I hate all the lights going on when I get up for a pee or having the dash "door ajar" light on if I have my feet out of the tailgate. Other than pulling a fuse or two before I go to sleep has anyone ever put in a switch to kill all these lights and warning lamps? And if so where is best?

That was the first thing I did when I got mine. Pulled the drivers kick panel off, unbolted something so I could get further to the chime machine, and unplugged it. Everything still works, so it wasn't anything important.

Also, we have a drive-in theater here, so all the door-mounted lights were popped and unplugged and popped back in. That did it.

If its just the tailgate you are worried about, then I'd just take a screw driver and push in or set the hatch latch (tricking it to think the hatch is closed. that way in the middle of the night if you do need light.. just pull the rear hatch handle. Just make sure you remember to pull that handle before folding up the tailgate and trying to slam the hatch... doh.. I've done that once.. THUD and will always remember it now.

(You can even set the alarm if you really want to by using this method too)

Thanks that's what i wanted to know - how to deal with the tailgate, already popped the wires from the door lights. i think pulling the fuse kills the switchable roof lights too which I want to keep. thanks again.

gbell!

Thanks a ton, you saved me from pulling my battery cable tomorrow on my camping trip. I have the tent that fits over the rear with the gate and hatch open and was trying to figure out how to kill the lights, just went outside tonight and it worked great! It may be an obvious trick for some people but it was one I didn't figure out.

This no workie on my 97. Am I missing something? I pushed in all the latches on the tailgate and hatch.

gbell210 said:
If its just the tailgate you are worried about, then I'd just take a screw driver and push in or set the hatch latch (tricking it to think the hatch is closed. that way in the middle of the night if you do need light.. just pull the rear hatch handle. Just make sure you remember to pull that handle before folding up the tailgate and trying to slam the hatch... doh.. I've done that once.. THUD and will always remember it now.

(You can even set the alarm if you really want to by using this method too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom