Switch in dashboard info? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI
Putting new compressor in 80 series this weekend. Wanting to put the switch to turn compressor on (which will be in engine bay) from dash. I'm yet to have done anything with dash before so was wondering if anyone knows of resource showing someone doing it step by step?
Prefer to be safe than sorry :)
Thanks in advance.

So assuming you're wiring the compressor power thru a relay, you're putting in a switch to control the relay, yeah?
Depends on the switch really.
You could get a switch that will fit the blank switch positions on and around the dash.
Or you could just go with a simple ON/OFF switch, drill a small hole in one of the switch blanks to mount it in.
edit:be sure to get a switch capable of at least 3 amps. Relay 'kicker' power isn't even half that, but just to be safe.👍

So assuming you're wiring the compressor power thru a relay, you're putting in a switch to control the relay, yeah?
You could get a switch that will fit the blank switch positions on and around the dash.
Or you could just go with a simple ON/OFF switch, drill a small hole in one of the switch blanks to mount it in.
edit:be sure to get a switch capable of at least 3 amps. Relay 'kicker' power isn't even half that, but just to be safe.👍
Thanks. Yeah all good with t
Thanks for the response.
Cheers

I installed a Toyota defroster switch in my dash to turn my fridge in the rear. The fridge remains connected to DC power and the switch controls on/off through a relay under the hood.

The vertical switch turned horizontal looks sorta like a fridge. I replaced the ON bulb with a bulb I colored blue with a sharpie. The color was right but much dimmer. Eventually I'll install a bright blue LED.

Shouldn't be too hard to do the same with a compressor.
1660360763680.png

I'm yet to have done anything with dash before so was wondering if anyone knows of resource showing someone doing it step by step?

Are you asking about the process of removing the dash panels without breaking anything? If so, what year is your Cruiser?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom