Switch Doctor Window and Lock Switches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After years of issues with the electric windows, I ordered the switch doctor switches from Amazon. Definitely an improvement. Windows are running much faster (still not fast) and the door locks snap up and down.

I also replaced the relays in the green box, since I was in the door.

One thing to note is the color. The master switch perfectly matched the brown. The single switches for the other three windows are black.

My old switches would stick and the volt meter would drop then rise then drop as the motor cycled until I noticed.

$130 for everything.

9E35EB76-A1A3-4096-A8A8-777F61237D07.jpeg

09A681FD-0FDC-433F-89B8-29786928D0DA.jpeg

After years of issues with the electric windows, I ordered the switch doctor switches from Amazon. Definitely an improvement. Windows are running much faster (still not fast) and the door locks snap up and down.

I also replaced the relays in the green box, since I was in the door.

One thing to note is the color. The master switch perfectly matched the brown. The single switches for the other three windows are black.

My old switches would stick and the volt meter would drop then rise then drop as the motor cycled until I noticed.

$130 for everything.

View attachment 2648894

View attachment 2648895
Do you think its possible to buy this and then just switch out the brown plastic with my grey shell?

Amazon product ASIN B0046R7E7K
Double check, but I think the link above is to the same switch with the bezel color in black. My cruiser has the Sepia brown interior and I replaced this switch assembly in about 15 minutes. Then I discovered that only my driver's window worked and followed the instructions provided by SwitchDoctor for switching pin placement. SwitchDoctor had good customer service.

Note that there is also a picture of the back of the switch on the Amazon advert which I think confirms that you could theoretically swap bezels....but agree with @tmxmotorsports that this could be a challenge.

Do you think its possible to buy this and then just switch out the brown plastic with my grey shell?
It definitely is. I did this myself recently. Only thing is it takes a bit of finessing, and you have to use the old springs from inside the buttons. Really all you're doing is taking the back plate and contacts from the Switch Doctor assembly and putting them in your stock assembly.

Amazon product ASIN B0046R7E7K
Double check, but I think the link above is to the same switch with the bezel color in black. My cruiser has the Sepia brown interior and I replaced this switch assembly in about 15 minutes. Then I discovered that only my driver's window worked and followed the instructions provided by SwitchDoctor for switching pin placement. SwitchDoctor had good customer service.

Note that there is also a picture of the back of the switch on the Amazon advert which I think confirms that you could theoretically swap bezels....but agree with @tmxmotorsports that this could be a challenge.
This post reminded me that I did have to move a few pins. But there were instructions in the package that helped.

This what I did with mine regarding painting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom