Switch/Button panel upgrade (getting rid of card holder) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I am in contact with a great vendor you just made me a dual cupholder for my 2011 LC 200. Upon further conversation I inquired about an button panel upgrade to get rid of the useless card holder to add a couple more buttons. Downunder they do make this for RHD but no such luck for LHD. Would there be any interest for that? Please let me know so the vendor can get things in motion by prototyping it and coming up with a reasonable, competitive price.

Cheers Vincent

*UPDATE* The vendor I am referring to is BH3D printing. Brad did a marvelous job on my cupholder and is very responsive. Brad told me he needs 20 orders to make it worth his while. So, if anyone interested, please lets get together online and lets try to get 20 orders ready!

VV2_1488.jpg

VV2_1489.jpg

VV2_1493.jpg

VV2_1497.jpg

VV2_1498.jpg

I am interested!! I already have the cup holder from Brad.

What area are we talking about?
How will those buttons look lki? Are we talking about some Toyota buttons or just a plain flat panel that we can cut holes as needed? What's under that panel, how much space there is?

What area are we talking about?
How will those buttons look lki? Are we talking about some Toyota buttons or just a plain flat panel that we can cut holes as needed? What's under that panel, how much space there is?
Replacing this panel .. with one that has 3 button slots where the card holder is..

1E6608EC-463F-4417-8094-61878B3CDE6F.jpeg

Not sure what I would actually do with it, but I’m interested. I also have one of his cup holders.

Not sure what I would actually do with it, but I’m interested. I also have one of his cup holders.
Something like this but in a LHD version

Something like this but in a LHD version

I’m familiar with the RHD version. I just don’t have a current use or need for more switches, so therefore not sure what I would do with one of these panels if I bought one. But I might have a need in the future, so if the price is reasonable I will most likely order one.

We need a door pocket retrofit to fit water bottles like seen in Bmw Suvs

FWIW, I used the spare button slots in the lower dash in my build back in 2017. I thought it would be elegant to retain a factory form factor for auxiliary functions, which it does.

In retrospect, those switch spots are horrible for usage. Looking down and around the wheel is not a recipe for success, especially with frequently used buttons. While there may be available dash real estate there, I would much rather have an external pod with real tactile buttons that come easily to hand.

To further the concept, the best control I've found is the high-beam stalk function. It is simply the the most intuitive for controlling forward lights. The aux switches can then be used as enablers and with the stalk to toggling on/off.

I need to rework the electrical on the 2013 sometime this year, adding solar and switching away from AGM to LiPo. When I do, I'll look at something like an SPOD to mount just forward of the shifter for quick access. Sunglasses holder solution is tempting (and I've done on a previous 100) but looking overhead is an added step. YMMV.

If we had even a rough ballpark on price it might be easier to gauge interest.

If we had even a rough ballpark on price it might be easier to gauge interest.
I cannot give you a rough ballpark on behalf of BH3D. The Australian vendors are between US$65 and $100. It's not an easy print but Brad from BH3D told me it will be competitively priced if we get enough interest to go into development and production

Typical mud off topic comment follows: If you can figure out a way to mount a cell phone charger over there that doesn’t block buttons or the vent, I’m down.

I am interested as it's currently a waste of space without something like this. I'd like to see a pre-production version of it though as I too have his cup holders and I am not all that impressed with the fit and finish. If it's anything like my cup holders in terms of finish then I am out.

Typical mud off topic comment follows: If you can figure out a way to mount a cell phone charger over there that doesn’t block buttons or the vent, I’m down.
I ordered a top plate from Gamiviti. It replaces the mesh over that little speaker and light sensor. has a lot of mounting options and my phone hangs off just next to airvent

I ordered a top plate from Gamiviti. It replaces the mesh over that little speaker and light sensor. has a lot of mounting options and my phone hangs off just next to airvent
Been mulling that. Pics posted somewhere?

I would be interested in what you guys come up with.

I did buy the OZ version and trimmed some tabs and it fits 99%. There is a thread on it somewhere.

I’d say the texture of the OZ one is slightly off but not bad.

If the new one has a little better fit and maybe improved on the OZ one I’d be game.

I plan to put rarely used switches there.
Dual battery link for jump start
Winch
Aux fuel gauge and pump (when I get to that stage in build)

Been mulling that. Pics posted somewhere?
Take a look in the following thread:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom