Swing away tire carrier with stock bumper. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

B1E783A3-C2A5-402C-9A9A-96FEEA3E5E8D.jpeg

4729D64C-4ED2-4891-B76F-1F09C756E806.jpeg

37904485-3643-4727-A853-AFD63AC13CAF.jpeg

94589465-4956-4993-80E1-7BE64F8D8DF5.jpeg

D40B3111-9BDE-4A45-9514-B556DF755573.jpeg

Beautiful work for both projects. I'd like to take some inspiration from both of these to take on as a project this year. @Attn2Detail Where did you source the axle, bearings, and collars for the pivot?

Beautiful work for both projects. I'd like to take some inspiration from both of these to take on as a project this year. @Attn2Detail Where did you source the axle, bearings, and collars for the pivot?
Thank you. I’ve been very happy with it so far. It’s been tight and secure through a recent 900+ mile trip too. The hinge is a kit from EMS offroad. I ordered the kit right off of Amazon.

So I guess my question is, does anyone sell these, or as mentioned have the cad drawings or a kit? I cant weld worth a s***e, but I can find a local fab guy.

This is some nice clean work. Really impressive. I might have to copy. 😁

I'm sure this is probably a stupid question but I'm gonna ask anyway cause I'm curious. Why are all the tire swing outs mounted on the passenger side? It seams they would be less in the way on the driver's side.

I'm sure this is probably a stupid question but I'm gonna ask anyway cause I'm curious. Why are all the tire swing outs mounted on the passenger side? It seams they would be less in the way on the driver's side.
I’ve always thought most were mounted to the passenger side so that if you parked on the street, all of your hardware swings towards the sidewalk/curb instead of into the path of traffic. Good question.

I put mine on the right for reasons listed below, weight distribution- near the curb when open In public- selfishly also because I’m right handed and it’s easier

I don’t know if there is any specific reason but LC’s, Jeeps, Broncos seem to open to the our passenger side, whether they are LHD or RHD.

My best guess is it’s a matter ergonomics. Most people are right handed and prefer to open a latch with their right hand. If you try and open the passenger side swing out with your right hand, your body will be in the way of the swing out. On the right side, it can swing open and clear in one motion. Is that a reach? 😂

I don’t know if there is any specific reason but LC’s, Jeeps, Broncos seem to open to the our passenger side, whether they are LHD or RHD.

My best guess is it’s a matter ergonomics. Most people are right handed and prefer to open a latch with their right hand. If you try and open the passenger side swing out with your right hand, your body will be in the way of the swing out. On the right side, it can swing open and clear in one motion. Is that a reach? 😂
i think also most cars sold worldwide are LHD so when you opn the swing it doesn't swing out into traffic? That's my guess as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom